NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
Standing majestic beside the Amstel river in Amsterdam’s city center, NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen is a 17th-century Neo-Renaissance palace and symbol of the Dutch Golden Age — the era of Vermeer, Rembrandt, and of a new canal-building project that would reshape the city. After centuries of hosting royals and artists, it has been completely renovated and remains a landmark hotel with 81 spacious guestrooms and suites that offer bright, contemporary spaces with some of the best views in the city.
- Stay in Amsterdam’s oldest hotel on the picturesque banks of the Amstel River
- 81 elegant guestrooms and suites feature rich earth tones and large windows; some have canal and river views
- Experience this landmark hotel’s exceptional hospitality, from its well-connected concierges to its 24-hour room service and massage services
- Dine on inventive Indonesian cuisine at the purple-hued Bumbu Kitchen
- Discover Amsterdam’s hidden gems guided by the dedicated concierge team
- Have breakfast by the canal, and then take a boat tour from the hotel’s private landing
- The hotel, depicted in Rembrandt's iconic The Night Watch, neighbors the city’s best museums, shopping, and attractions
- Book a stay in the Rembrandt Suite and pay homage to the acclaimed artist of the Dutch Golden Age. His masterpiece The Night Watch hung on the walls of the suite in the 17th century, and today a full-size reproduction hangs in its place. See the original at the Rijksmuseum, just a short distance away.
Get instant benefits with I Prefer Hotel Rewards at more than 650 hotels in over 85 countries
- Free Internet
- Room Upgrade*
Priority Early Check-in
Sunlight pours through ample windows onto crisp white linens in NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen's 81 elegant guestrooms and suites. The décor is fresh and inviting, with a dominant shade of classic cream accented with red and gold details. Each room has a Nespresso machine, minibar, pillow menu, and a rain shower. Several guestrooms have a balcony with sweeping vistas of the Amstel River; the Empress Suite has the best views of all, with large windows looking directly onto the Kloveniersburgwal canal and Aluminiumbrug bridge.
Take your morning coffee on the balcony and watch the boats pass on the waters below, or if your king- or queen-size bed is too appealing to leave, a quick call downstairs will bring room service straight to you. Later, stop by the Guest Relations Team for assistance in planning your stay, including anything from restaurant reservations and airport transfers to special requests and insider tips.
With its preeminent position on the riverside, dining at NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen blends exquisite cuisine with romantic urban views. The innovative Bumbu restaurant is popular with locals and guests alike, and its bar area is ideal for an early-evening cocktail.
Bumbu Kitchen - The fine dining at Bumbu Kitchen illustrates head chef Jaimie van Heije’s passion for Indonesian cuisine. Seafood, meat, and fresh vegetables dressed in exotic spice combinations are among the first courses, followed by inventive twists on homemade ice cream for dessert. Hospitality mogul Casper Reinders and designer Thijs Murree are the masterminds behind the dining room’s sophisticated aesthetic: a specially created shade of purple offset by touches of gold and sublime canal views.
Linger a while in the hotel’s grand lobby to contemplate the hotel’s storied past — it was host to royals, dignitaries, and even The Beatles — and still caters to the rich and famous. Relax with a massage, or catch up on work at the business center and business library. Then, head out to the private landing for an exclusive boat excursion on Amsterdam’s famous canal system before returning for drinks and dinner at Bumbu Kitchen.
Outside the hotel, head out on foot to see the nearby Rembrandt Monument, and continue a few blocks to Bloemenmarkt to view the colorful tulips. The Jewish Historical Museum, Rembrandt House Museum, and the Royal Palace Amsterdam are also nearby, and a 15-minute walk (or a five-minute cycle, in true Amsterdam style) will bring you to the Museumkwartier, home to the Van Gogh Museum, the Concertgebouw concert hall and the world-famous Rijksmuseum gallery.
NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen is located on the Amstel riverbank, right in the heart of the city. You can walk to many of Amsterdam’s key attractions such as the Rembrandt House Museum and the Anne Frank House. Public transport is easily accessible from just outside the hotel. Biking is also an option.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is 14 mi / 22 km away, around 30 minutes by car.
Amsterdam Centraal Station is less than 1 mi/ 1.6 km away, with fast connections to Schiphol and to cities in the Netherlands and beyond. The Rokin tram and metro station is just five minutes' walk from the hotel.