GIFTTS recognizes member hotels in two ways: the Pineapple Awards and Certificates of Excellence.
The Pineapple Awards are given to member hotels that are leaders in each of the four GIFTTS categories: honoring their commitment to philanthropy, community service, sustainability, or education. The Overall Pineapple Award Leader is given to a hotel or resort that has demonstrated outstanding participation across all four categories.
The Certificates of Excellence recognize all member hotels for their good works in each of the four categories.
Over 90 hotels submitted their photos and stories for the GIFTTS Pineapple Awards. Our member hotels are making significant contributions globally. The Pineapple Awards for 2017–2018 go to these remarkable properties and partners:
- Overall Corporate Entity - Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts
- Overall Hotel - Wynn and Encore Las Vegas
- Philanthropy - NJV Athens Plaza Hotel
- Sustainability - Ojai Valley Inn
- Education - Inn by the Sea
- Community Service - Royal Lancaster London
Learn more about the Preferred Hotels & Resorts GIFTTS program with the highlight video below.