NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA – February 23, 2017: Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, announces 26 new luxury properties scheduled to open over the course of the year within its portfolio, presenting a multitude of options to satisfy #ThePreferredLife travel cravings of city enthusiasts and resort escapists alike. From Tuscany and Montreal to San Diego and Mallorca, each of these independent properties represents the best of their respective destinations, delivering memorable one-of-a-kind experiences upon every stay.
Living for the city…
Pendry San Diego (California, USA) – Launched February 10, 2017
Located in the historic Gaslamp Quarter, Pendry San Diego sets a new standard for hotels with an ethos culturally connected to the local experience. Comprising 281 guestrooms and 36 suites, the property marries aspects of traditional SoCal décor such as haint blue prints and Spanish colonial tiles with an Instagram-worthy checklist of luxury facilities such as a rooftop pool with private cabanas, a destination spa and an on-site mercantile selling handicrafts and apothecary. The property will also offer 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: Foodies are spoiled for choice with six concept-driven restaurants and bars, including modern Southern Californian coastal cuisine at Lionfish and local craft beer paired with international comfort food favorites at Nason’s Beer Hall.
Lancaster Bangkok (Bangkok, Thailand) – Launching June 2017
Upon its springtime debut, this family-friendly hotel will offer 231 elegantly appointed rooms and suites, including Sky Garden Suites with private gardens and loft-style living apartments, along with an all-day restaurant and two bars serving craft cocktails and Thai tapas. Guests seeking a rejuvenating retreat will enjoy the Lancaster Wellness Floor, featuring an expansive gym, a lap pool, healthy spa cuisine, and the Viva Jiva Spa with its range of Asian-inspired innovative therapies.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: Ideal for travelers looking to explore authentic Bangkok, the hotel’s Clefs d’Or concierge team can coordinate a variety of exhilarating local adventures, from street food tours via traditional tuk tuks to city sightseeing tours by motorbike!
NOPSI Hotel, New Orleans (Louisiana, USA) – Launching June 2017
The 90-year-old former headquarters of the New Orleans Public Service, Inc. has undergone a meticulous restoration to become the city’s most exciting new luxury hotel. Conserving the building’s original features, NOPSI Hotel will feature 217 classically appointed rooms and suites – set to be among the largest in the city – a lobby bar and courtyard offering a roster of live entertainment, a rooftop pool, a restaurant serving Louisiana cuisine, and 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including a spectacular ballroom - all within walking distance of the famous French Quarter.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: Guests can escape the hustle of the Big Easy by reserving one of the ninth floor Spa Suites, which boast private rooftop terraces with sweeping views of the Superdome - ideal for outdoor treatments or an al fresco yoga workout.
Hotel Monville (Montreal, Canada) – Launching July 2017
One of the city’s most anticipated summer launches, Hotel Monville will extend 269 design-led guestrooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows in the art and entertainment district of Quartier des Spectacles - just steps away from the Convention Center and Old Montreal. On completion, the pet-friendly hotel will also feature a convivial lobby bar and restaurant, 4,000 sq. ft. of meeting spaces, expedient self-check-in and check-out, and complimentary Wi-Fi to create a vibrant yet relaxed social hub for residents and visitors.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: If interested in seeing the sights but pressed for time, travelers can enjoy an aerial “architecture tour” of Montreal by visiting the hotel’s 20th-floor rooftop, which features a wrap-around terrace extending sweeping views of the skyline and landmarks such as the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal and Notre Dame Basilica.
Getting away from it all...
Il Castelfalfi – TUI BLUE Selection (Tuscany, Italy) – Launching March 2017
Named one of 2017’s most anticipated openings by The New York Times, this 120-room retreat on a 2,700-acre Tuscan estate is the first new-build, five-star resort to open in the region for 25 years. With a focus on the great outdoors, food and wine, wellness, and sustainability, Il Castelfalfi – TUI BLUE Selection is designed for travelers who want to revel in a guilt-free version of la dolce vita. Highlights include an expansive spa, a fine dining restaurant serving Italian classics made with ingredients produced on the estate grounds, and eco-friendly biomass heating.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: Il Castelfalfi – TUI BLUE Selection is the perfect choice for learning vacations, offering activities ranging from walks in the private wildlife reserve to Italian cooking classes to wine tastings and vineyard tours with the on-staff Agriculture Director.
Mountain Shadows in Scottsdale (Arizona, USA) – Launching March 2017
Set among breathtaking desert landscapes with views on to the iconic Camelback Mountain, Mountain Shadows served as a hideaway for the well-heeled travelers and celebrities of the 1960s and 1970s. Upon its relaunch the new build 180-room resort, which features floor-to-ceiling glass throughout, will reflect both its former glory and a reimagining for the 21st century blending mid-century modernist and contemporary design. Guests will appreciate thoughtful touches such as in-room cocktail carts, an organic juice bar, two 75 ft. swimming pools and an 18-hole golf course.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: For guests keen to scale the mountain, the resort concierge can advise on the most rewarding hiking trails and scenic picnic spots, assisting with all preparations.
Iberostar Grand Hotel Portals Nous (Mallorca, Spain) – Launching May 2017
Situated on Mallorca’s southwest coast in the exclusive area of Portals Nous, the adults-only 66-room boutique property specializes in service-led experiences for epicureans, spa lovers, and anyone who loves to be pampered. Hotel staff are trained by the British Butlers Guild to offer elevated service, which includes unpacking, sleep coaching, and even smartphone and tablet cleaning. Whitewashed guestrooms encapsulate the serene Mediterranean vibe and provide a muted stage for avant-garde décor by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders, while communal facilities such as a cava bar are sure to be epicenters of engagement.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife: Travelers can indulge their favorite pastimes with one of the themed suites, which include the Heritage Suite, Stargazer Suite, Naughty Suite, and the predictably popular Games Suite equipped with consoles, pinball machines, table soccer, and a terrace with mini-golf putting green.
Other 2017 openings from Preferred Hotels & Resorts include:
Limelight Ketchum in Sun Valley, Idaho, USA (launched January 2017)
Inn at 500 Capitol in Boise, Idaho, USA (launched January 2017)
Hyde Resort & Residences in Hollywood, Florida, USA (launched February 2017)
Sagamore Pendry Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland, USA (launching March 2017)
Hotel Chaco in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (launching April 2017)
The Stella Hotel in Bryan-College Station, Texas, USA (launching April 2017)
Zota Beach Resort in Longboat Key, Florida, USA (launching May 2017)
Edgewood Tahoe Resort in Stateline, Nevada, USA (launching June 2017)
Las Olas Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA (launching mid 2017)
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa on Jensen Beach, Florida, USA (launching mid 2017)
The DeSoto in Savannah, Georgia, USA (launching August 2017)
Hotel Bennett in Charleston, South Carolina, USA (launching Fall 2017)
Hotel Northland in Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA (launching late 2017)
Hotel Californian in Santa Barbara, California, USA (launching Summer 2017)
HS HOTSSON Hotel Irapuato in Irapuato, Mexico (launching March 2017)
Hotel At Six in Stockholm, Sweden (launching March 2017)
Orazio Palace Hotel in Rome, Italy (launching late 2017)
Shilla Stay Seocho in Seoul, South Korea (launching April 2017)
Shilla Stay Haeundae in Busan, South Korea (launching May 2017)
For more information on these new openings, please visit PreferredHotels.com
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 650 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The iPrefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Family℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Director, Public Relations - EMEA
Office: +44 (0) 20 7440 0316