Creole Cuisine, Live Tunes, And Legendary Drinks
Grab a Sazerac while taking a spin at Hemingway’s favorite hangout, the Carousel Bar. Then enjoy modern creole cuisine (a rite of passage in the South) and live tunes at the neighboring Criollo restaurant.
Carousel Bar: Adjacent to the lobby, this revolving bar pours martinis and craft cocktails daily — starting at 11 am — on an authentic carousel top surrounded by 25 hand-painted seats.
- Enjoy the action on Royal Street from floor-to-ceiling windows around the carousel. Be sure to look up, too
- The bar rotates one full revolution every 15 minutes. Don’t worry, you won’t get dizzy
- First come, first served. Be prepared to wait; the bar is open to the public and hotel guests alike
- Featured on 'Food Nation with Bobby Flay' and frequented by stars like William Faulkner and Michael Jordan
Criollo: From chargrilled oysters and crab cakes to creole classics like turtle soup and gumbo, unique entrees and Louisiana staples are dished out from the open kitchen adjacent to the Carousel Bar.
- Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy live entertainment while dining under circular glass chandeliers
- We recommend the signature seafood dishes including snapper, blue crab, and gulf shrimp
- Have a sweet tooth? The White Chocolate Creme Brulee is well-known around town
- Reservations can be made on OpenTable
Nearby Dining and Nightlife Distance from hotel: 1 | 5 | 10 | 20 | 30
Don't see what you expected? Suggest a new location.