Digital Asset Manager, Creative Services - Newport Beach
The Digital Asset Manager will be responsible for designing and managing the digital asset management system for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. He/she will be leading the collaborative collection, selection, organization, maintenance, enhancement, archiving, and delivery of digital assets, while developing and implementing best practices to generate efficiencies that provide increased productivity and organizational excellence. The Digital Asset Manager will work closely with the creative and marketing teams to manage day-to-day asset needs while also maintaining PH&R’s long-term digital distribution workflow and strategy. He/she must have strong technical skills with digital files and practical experience in implementing new solutions across a business.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Creative Officer, the Digital Asset Manager will work closely with the Creative Services and Marketing departments, and will also provide support throughout the entire company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Asset Management System(s) Support:
- Responsible for overall management and organization of digital assets. This includes (but is not limited to) creating a system, gathering, receiving, archiving, and distributing digital assets to/from a variety of teams.
- Ensure DAM policies and procedures are current with industry best practices.
- Focus on efficiencies and find ways to improve workflows
Facilitates the Collection and Distribution of Digital Assets:
- Liaison between vendors/hotels for imagery needs, and manages various image libraries.
- Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system by providing front line communication, instructions, monitoring, and assistance for internal and external sources to access content from the DAM system.
- Track and organize production and distribution of assets; standardize delivery workflows.
- Establish and execute relevant naming conventions, metadata, and assortment of collection relationships.
- Ensure consistency in how digital images are entered and stored in the photo server(s).
- Work with teams to develop and implement specifications for what materials to access, and how they will be delivered.
- At least 5 years working experience in fast-paced creative environment or agency setting, working in digital asset management.
- This position requires full-time hours in our Newport Beach office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to multi-task in a high-energy, fast paced environment while staying focused.
- Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer).
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize large volume of work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Outstanding ability to collaborate and communicate solutions effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution.
- Experience working with digital media, including: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, familiar with all types of file formats, including video formats. Mac proficiency and high level of technological literacy.
- Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Purchase fonts, stock photography, and stock videos. Negotiate terms and maintain agreements. Demonstrates strong working knowledge and understanding the language of usage rights.
- Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
- Photo retouching skills
- Keen eye for photography
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) software
- Various photo libraries
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.