CHICAGO – April 2, 2013 – In an increasingly connected world where travelers are always “on,” Preferred Hotel Group™ presents more than 30 hotel spas worldwide that understand exactly what guests need to turn “off.” As spa-goers worldwide continue to shift their intentions from indulgent relaxation to essential health and wellness, these destinations provide on-trend solutions for travelers’ weariness by offering treatments that utilize centuries-old Ayurveda methods or focus on the newfound benefits of the juniper berry.
While most commonly known as the key ingredient in gin, the juniper berry is gaining in popularity at spas worldwide for its natural ability to purify skin, promote weight loss, and eliminate negative energy through aromatherapy. Hotel spas within the Preferred Hotel Group family of brands that feature these antioxidant-rich blue cones on their treatment menus include:
• Alpina Gstaad – Gstaad, Switzerland: During the Tree of Life Signature Ritual (US$475), skin is exfoliated with a juniper berry scrub to remove negative energy. Guests booking the Preferred Spa offer can receive US$100 off a treatment.
• Grand Hotel Tremezzo – Lake Como, Italy: The antioxidant-rich De-Stress Face and Eye Contour Treatment (US$157) releases facial stress through juniper berry aromatics.
• Essque Zalu Zanzibar – Nungwi, Zanzibar Island: The Slimming Detox Body Wrap (US$85) uses a juniper berry-infused clay to blast body fat.
• Eldorado Hotel & Spa – Sante Fe, New Mexico, USA: The Juniper Berry Pedicure (US$80) rejuvenates stressed legs with a juniper berry-infused oil massage.
One of the oldest disciplines of healing from India, Ayurveda is a sought-after method of holistic wellness for its ability to repair imbalances and revitalize the mind, body, and soul. Spas at member hotels of Preferred Hotel Group that offer this authentic tradition include:
• Mii amo – Sedona, Arizona, USA: The Ayurvedic Facial with Shirodhara (US$220) uses oils and cleansers that are infused with calming floral essences of India.
• Aqua Wellness Resort – Tola, Nicaragua: The organic oil applied during the Ayurvedic Hot Oil Massage (US$60) creates deep penetrating heat that relieves muscle tension, improves circulation, and lowers blood pressure.
• Hotel Bayerischer Hof – Munich, Germany: The Shirobhyanga (US$92) stimulates pressure points in the head, neck, and shoulders with oil that induces a state of tranquility and promotes high levels of concentration.
• Al Nahda Resort & Spa – Barka, Oman: The full-body Abhyanga (US$78) massage features special oils that remove damaging toxins.
For more information on the world-class spas available within the Preferred Hotel Group collection, please visit www.PreferredHotelGroup.com.
About Preferred Hotel Group™With a global reach extending into more than 85 countries, Preferred Hotel Group represents more than 650 of the finest hotels, resorts, and serviced residences in the world. Preferred Hotel Group’s brands include Preferred Hotels® & Resorts, Preferred Boutique™, Summit Hotels & Resorts™, Sterling Hotels™, Sterling Design, and Summit Serviced Residences™. Travelers gain valuable benefits through branded programs that include Preferred Residences™; Preferred Golf ™; the I Prefer™ Guest Benefit Program; Preferred Pride, a collection of TAG-approved or IGLTA-member hotels; and Preferred Family, a collection of hotels and resorts certified to provide a rich experience for travelers of all ages. For more information, visit www.PreferredHotelGroup.com and follow the brand on Facebook and Twitter.
Caroline Michaud – Americas
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Tel: +1 312 542 9218
Senior Manager, Public Relations – EMEA
Tel: +44 207 440 0316
Senior Manager, Public Relations – Asia Pacific
Tel: +65 6577 2487
For high resolution imagery, please visit the Preferred Hotel Group Image Library at www.PreferredHotelGroupImages.com.