NEWPORT BEACH, Calif - September 26, 2017 - Winter is coming, ushering in a much-anticipated season of cider, ski slopes, and snowy landscapes. Whether looking to conquer new trails on a solo expedition, explore the mountains with a group of friends, or enjoy quality time playing in the snow with family, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, presents some of the newest and most rewarding winter getaways and deals for every skill level.
• New for Winter 2017/2018 – Edgewood Tahoe (Lake Tahoe, California) Newly opened in 2017, Edgewood Tahoe welcomes guests for its first-ever winter season. The resort is nestled on the shores of South Lake Tahoe and within close driving proximity to the region’s acclaimed ski slopes such as Heavenly Mountain Resort and Sierra At-Home. To help guests get straight to the mountains, the lodge offers fittings and rental gear at its on-site Adventure Center. Winter guests will also be among the first to enjoy a bit of après ski revelry and relaxation at Edgewood Tahoe’s year-round lakefront heated pool and hot tub.
• For the Whole Family – Waldhaus Sils – (Sils Maria, Switzerland) There is no shortage of snow sports available at Waldhaus Sils, where families can enjoy everything from snowshoeing and sledding to ice climbing and snow kiting starting in December. While guests up to the age of 12 are eligible to receive a free ski pass, those in their teenage years and beyond can take advantage of the resort’s “Hotel Ski Pass.” This special perk provides the option for guests who are staying at the resort for two nights or more to purchase a regional ski pass for the duration of their entire stay for CHF 38 per person per day – with no Waldhaus guest paying more than CHF 160 per person, no matter the length of stay. Skiers can also earn bragging rights by experiencing the Olympia Bob Run St. Moritz-Celerina – the oldest bobsleigh run in the world and the only natural ice track that still hosts international races.
• Find The Perfect Set of Ski – Beaver Creek Lodge – (Beaver Creek, Colorado) No two ski days will be alike at Beaver Creek Lodge in Colorado this upcoming winter season. This all-suite boutique property is mere seconds away from the ski lifts, with ski-in, ski out access to the Colorado Rockies. Guests can participate in everything from skiing and snowboarding, to snowshoeing, dog sledding, and snowmobiling. Ideal for ski enthusiasts who want to switch it up and enjoy the ultimate ride, the property’s “Demo Ski Package” provides the option of trying different types of ski rentals each day of their stay, for a discounted rate, through its on-site rental center, Christy Sports.
• Learn with the Pros – Limelight Ketchum (Ketchum, Idaho) Entering its second year of winter programming, this hotel in the Sun Valley, which opened its doors in January 2017, offers “Inside Tracks,” a complimentary ski/ride program that gives guests the opportunity to ski/ride with a top-rated ski school professional while exploring Bald Mountain’s varied terrain. While not a traditional lesson, the professionals offer tips and assistance, ensuring guests get to the best spots across the mountain. The opportunity is only available to five hotel guests each week, with transportation provided by the hotel. This program is also available at the Limelight’s sister property, Limelight Aspen.
• Stay and Ski Free – Sundance Resort – (Sundance, Utah) The Sundance Mountain Resort, located in Utah’s Provo Canyon, is a perfect retreat for snow lovers looking for an iconic winter retreat. During the winter season, the resort offers the “Stay and Ski Free” promotion, providing guests with complimentary lift tickets with their room reservation. This year, the 2017-2018 ski season begins on December 8, with night skiing options available beginning December 15. Winter activities include night skiing, an scenic alpine ZipTour, and a Nordic center that offers 15 kilometers of groomed cross country ski trails, and, for the more adventurous, full moon cross country skiing and night owling.
• No Fees, Just Ski – Elevation Hotel and Spa – (Crested Butte, Colorado, USA) For travelers looking to hit the slopes at Mount Crested Butte in Colorado, Elevation Hotel & Spa is offering up to 20% off the best available rate with its “Parking Resort Fee Package,” which includes complimentary park and resort fees. Known as the only ski-in/ski-out resort in Crested Butte, Elevation Hotel & Spa offers 55 kilometers of trails for cross country skiing, ski/bike rentals, a salon, and a slope side restaurant.
For more Preferred Hotels & Resorts mountain and ski experiences, visit www.preferredhotels.com/experiences/mountain.