NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – October 4, 2017 - Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, is pleased to announce exciting new programming from member properties within its exclusive Legend Collection. From festive holiday packages and new executive appointments to thrilling on-property amenities, guests are sure to enjoy new experiences from each of these distinctive independent luxury hotels worldwide.
Romance and Anniversaries
• Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, California, is offering a “Hideaway Package” for couples looking to enjoy some together time in the secluded luxury. The package includes including two nights’ accommodation, a champagne breakfast in bed on the day after arrival, daily breakfast at Sierra Mar, a champagne picnic lunch for two, a four-course dinner for two, and two one-hour Post Ranch Massages in the privacy of the guestroom. The offer cannot be combined with any other packages or rates and blackout dates may apply.
Limited Time Offerings
• Salamander Resort & Spa has partnered with one of the world’s top extreme adventurers, Sean Burch, to create a series of unique programming for thrill seekers. Burch will share his expertise on leadership, fitness, and exploration with guests through two exclusive journeys at the resort. The first, “The Extreme Getaway,” will be held November 3-5, 2017, and consists of a diverse selection of exhilarating activities, from group fitness classes and adventurous zip lining to interactive cooking lessons. The resort will also offer a “Two Years to the Top” package, which is a program spread out over two years to prepare guests to climb Mount Everest. The two-year itinerary includes five one-week stays and 20 weekend stays, customized meals and spa experiences fitting the athlete’s needs, and full access to on-property amenities. Throughout the two years, participants will have daily communication with Sean Burch as well as tailored expert workout and meal plans to ensure progress during training.
• The Jefferson Hotel, Richmond is now preparing for the festive holiday season that will begin with its 31st annual Tree Lighting on Monday, November 27, 2017, when hundreds of poinsettias, yards of garland and ribbon, thousands of twinkling lights, and a life-sized gingerbread display will adorn the property’s public spaces. Guests can enjoy the holiday décor and two seasonal packages through January 7, 2018: the Holidays at the Jefferson Package (starting at $275 per room, per night) and the Holiday Bed and Breakfast Package (starting at $325 per room, per night). Each package offers guests a stay in a newly constructed Grand Premier Room and complimentary valet parking. With the Holiday Bed and Breakfast Package, guests also receive a traditional Southern breakfast, including gratuities, in the restaurant. This offer is subject to availability and advance reservations are required. Packages are valid November 12, 2017 through January 7, 2018.
• Beginning January 12 through March 30, 2018, Chef Daniel Bruce, founder of the Boston Wine Festival, continues his renowned tradition of presenting exceptional wine dinners at the Boston Harbor Hotel, which will celebrate its 29th year at the property. The 2018 season of the Boston Wine Festival will feature an all-star lineup of intimate winemaker hosted dinners, seminars and receptions. Tickets will be available on November 1, 2017. For more information, please visit www.bostonwinefestival.net.
Driving in Style
• From now through October 31, guests of XV Beacon in Boston, Massachusetts, have the opportunity to test drive two of Lexus’ most coveted cars: the RX450h F Sport and the GS350 F Sport. Visitors to Boston can reserve a time slot between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. through the concierge, who can help plan an outing to make the most of their visit in Boston. The hotel also offers complimentary house car service within three miles of the hotel in either of the cars for guests who prefer being a passenger.
• The K Club in Straffan, Ireland, offers guests the experience of a personal drive to the property’s local Irish pub, The Straffan Inn, in the resort’s very own vintage 1936 La Riviera Jaguar. This exclusive, complimentary service is available only to guests who have booked directly through a travel agent, and visitors can enjoy the stylish drive through the Irish countryside before enjoying a hearty Irish stew and a pint of the black stuff in this authentic Irish pub.
Movers and Shakers
• The Jefferson Hotel, Washington D.C. is pleased to announce the appointment of David Bueno as the new General Manager of the award-winning, boutique property. Prior to this role, Bueno served as the hotel’s director of food and beverage and then acted as its hotel manager. His contributions to the property include securing the Forbes Five Star rating for the on-property Michelin star restaurant, Plume. He succeeds former managing director Philip Wood, who will continue on as Director of the property.
• Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa has appointed David Viviano as its new executive chef. With more than 20 years of experience in the culinary profession, he previously served as the executive chef for Montage Kapalua Bay, also a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Legend Collection, where he managed 40 associates and oversaw resort-wide culinary operations. Viviano brings a unique perspective to the resort, holding a degree in journalism and combining his passion for food and writing through culinary-focused stories for lifestyle publications.
For more information about the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Legend Collection, visit www.PreferredHotels.com.