Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel
Lined by the Pacific’s azure waters and well-known for its dreamy white-sand beaches, Japan’s Izu Peninsula is home to Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel. Surrounded by famed hot springs and lush natural beauty (the nearby hiking trails are one of a kind), this scenic seaside resort is the perfect getaway from the urban din of Tokyo. Whether spotting the Shichito Islands from your room, exploring Kawazu Nanadaru’s seven waterfalls, or unwinding in the nearby hot springs, this picture-perfect oceanfront oasis provides easy access to the best of the Izu Peninsula.
At a Glance
- Take full advantage of the oceanfront location by booking a sea view room with a balcony overlooking the Pacific
- On-site dining boasts everything from Japanese haute cuisine to mouth-watering teppan-yaki with ocean views
- Enjoy your escape from the city with an aromatherapy massage at the spa or a hot spring bath under the stars
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, let the kids loose at the on-site game room, or page through a book from the library
- Swim with the dolphins and catch an adorable penguin show at the nearby Shimoda Underwater Aquarium
Get instant benefits with I Prefer Hotel Rewards at more than 700 hotels in over 85 countries
- Free Internet
- Room Upgrade*
Priority Early Check-in
- 134 rooms include complimentary WiFi, private balconies, and some rooms boast Pacific Ocean views
- Relax and rejuvenate in Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel’s on-site onsen, or hot spring facilities
- Greet the morning or end the day with a soothing cup of hot tea courtesy of your room's tea-making facilities
- Meeting spaces can accommodate anywhere from 5-250 people. AV equipment included
Let the salty sea air whet your appetite at the Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel which offers everything from French cuisine to gourmet Japanese dishes. Reservations are required, so make sure you call ahead to guarantee a seat.
Shangri-La — Enjoy all-day dining featuring gourmet French and Western cuisine in an open air setting with scenic ocean views.
Maikohama — Your mouth will water as the chef prepares your steaks teppan-yaki, which means on a grill, right in front of you. This traditional Japanese restaurant also offers fresh seafood and locally sourced vegetables. Open for dinner only.
Azuma — Traditional-style Kaiseki Ryori (essentially, Japanese haute cuisine) dishes center around local seafood in this multi-course meal. Restaurant open from July to August.
El-Roca — What better way to say vacation than to kick back with an expertly mixed cocktail in an atmosphere built to mimic bars in the southern islands? You’ll catch us here for tropical vibes and killer cocktails.
Flore — Pop in for a midday treat made by one of the hotel’s expert patissiers along with a cup of tea.
Seaside Terrace — Open only during the summer season, this is another teppan-yaki experience with a gorgeous ocean view.
Shimoda Underwater Aquarium - Swim, snorkel, and feed dolphins at this unique underwater aquarium. Be sure carve out some time for the adorable sea lion show as well. Just 25 minutes by car from the Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel, the whole family will have a blast here.
Inatori Golf Club - Take a scenic, 20-minute drive along the coast to arrive at the Inatori Golf Club. Enjoy picturesque views at the 34-hole course as you practice your short game while mastering the two-green configuration.
Kawazu Nanadaru - Hike along a scenic river as you cross suspension bridges, climb stairs, and meander statue-lined paths leading to seven famed waterfalls of various shapes and sizes (the final three are the most difficult to reach). The smallest waterfall, known as “crab waterfall” is a mere six feet, while the largest reaches 100 feet. From bouncing off basalt rocks to filling mountain streams, each waterfall has its own unique personality and is well worth the trek.
Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel
Escape the buzzy city life of Tokyo with a 2.5 hour train ride south to the beautiful Izu Peninsula on the Pacific Ocean. Perfect for a weekend getaway, the Izu-Imaihama Tokyu Hotel is in one of the most famous resort areas in Japan known for its beautiful beaches and refreshing hot springs. The hotel is located just three hours from the Haneda Airport and 50 km from the colossal Mount Fuji.