Biyadhoo Island Resort
When we’re in a tropical state of mind, we board a speedboat and head for the good vibes and turquoise tides of the Maldives. A 10-acre, private island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean, the famed house reefs and tropical forestry of Biyadhoo Island Resort always cures our island fever. Seas the day and get your fix of beautiful beaches, salty sea breezes, and marine life meet and greets at this oceanfront oasis.
At A Glance
- Encompassed by the Indian Ocean, watch over turquoise folds and white sands from your room’s patio or balcony
- Home to a house reef, get intimate with eagle rays, eels, octopuses, and turtles steps from your room
- Secure your snorkel gear, grab your surfboard, or toss on flippers for one of the resort’s ocean excursions
- Cruise to the capital city of the Maldives, Malé and Maafushi, for local culture and Maldivian cuisine
- Rev up the romance with sunset dinners beachside — complete with views of pink skies atop crystal-clear waters
- Two dining venues feature international cuisines and island-inspired drinks with lively atmospheres and oceanfront settings
Get instant benefits with I Prefer Hotel Rewards at more than 700 hotels in over 85 countries
- Free Internet
- Room Upgrade*
Priority Early Check-in
- 96 guestrooms boast outdoor patios with paths that lead right to the waterfront
- All rooms come equipped with island decor, spacious beds, a sitting area, and writing desk
- From outdoor occasions to intimate wedding celebrations, the hotel has event space for all kinds of gatherings
- Enjoy the island’s free WiFi, refreshing air conditioning, daily turn-down service, and complimentary daily water bottles
Jam to live music or unwind to the sounds of swaying palms at two unique venues dishing out everything from fresh-caught seafood to juicy burgers.
Palm Restaurant — Nothing says ‘I’m on island time’ like this open-air eatery whipping up fresh seafood and international delights under the shade of palm trees.
- On Friday’s, enjoy authentic Maldivian cuisines. The curries keep us coming back for more
- Towering palms watch over your table as you gaze out at pristine gardens and lush landscapes
- Top off your meal with a tropical dessert; the Chef’s mango, blueberry, and passion fruit mousse is a must
Coconut Bar — Kick your feet up and relax with a drink in hand at this beachfront bar complete with a balcony overlooking the ocean.
- Waterfront sips emphasize local tributes. We’re big fans of the Planter’s Punch
- Wooden stools and natural benches create an addicting island ambiance
Watersports — A well-known hotspot among diving and snorkeling enthusiasts (many include the house reef on their bucket lists), Biyadhoo Island Resort is known for its house reef and dive sites. You can get up close and personal with underwater residents along the reef including stingrays, turtles, eagle rays, eels, octopuses, and nurse sharks, as well as spectacularly bright coral worthy of its acclaim. Boasting rave reviews and expert dive instructors, the dives welcome more than just oceanholics. From windsurfing and fishing to canoeing and dolphin watching, there are endless ways to get your feet wet at the private island.
Aavun Spa — Our island escapes aren’t just underwater excursions and oceanside tipples - we’re here for some R&R too. True to the island’s naturalistic setting and tranquil ambiance, Biyadhoo Island Resort's spa promotes holistic healing and therapeutic treatments with ingredients pulled straight from the earth. Signature rituals are held under a majestic Banyan tree canopy and use seashells and pure coconut oil.
Malé — Although we don’t foresee you being able to part with Biyadhoo, if you’re in the mood for some island hopping, head to the capital city of the Maldives for some historic culture and colorful sightseeing. Malé is a speed boat trip away and is known for its historic mosques and colorful architecture. The National Museum showcases regional artifacts like ancient weapons and sultans’ thrones, and if you head a bit north of the city, you'll find Huskuru Miskiiy, a 17th-century mosque built of coral stone and intricate wood carvings.
Biyadhoo Island Resort
Biyadhoo is a circular 10-acre resort island in South Malé Atoll. The island is in the administrative division Kaafu Atoll of the Maldives. Nearby neighbors include the islands of Maafushi, Filitheyo, and Kuramathi — all of which are reachable by speedboat. The resort is just a quick 30-minute cruise from Malé International Airport.
Malé International Airport (JAX) is 18 mi/28 km away.