Bear Mountain Inn
A living legend that has withstood the test of time since 1915, this historic hotspot has played host to everyone from former presidents and iconic musicians to the Big Apple’s most adored athletes. When we’re feeling adventurous, we trade the concrete jungle for the Hudson Valley and trek the Appalachian, rub elbows with wildlife, and live the lake life at Bear Mountain Inn. Need a break from the big city’s bright lights? You’ll find us soaking up the scenery in this celebrated lodge at the base of beautiful Bear Mountain.
At A Glance
- Overlooking Hessian Lake, cast a fishing rod, captain a canoe, or walk along the water’s edge steps from your room
- Hike to the top of the mountain to spot Iona Island and Manhattan from telescopes at Perkins Memorial Tower
- Corral the crew and head to the great lawn for family-friendly fun by way of badminton, cricket, and other games
- Cross-country skiing and ice skating transform the State Park to a winter wonderland when the temperatures drop
- Little ones love the merry-go-round’s hand-carved animals representing park residents like bears, deer, and foxes
- Spoil yourself or your significant other at the spa with lavender oils and warm-stone massages
- Cozy up by the colossal fireplace for delectable dining at Restaurant 1915 And Blue Roof Tapas Bar
Get instant benefits with I Prefer Hotel Rewards at more than 650 hotels in over 85 countries
- Free Internet
- Room Upgrade*
Priority Early Check-in
Choose from deluxe guestrooms and suites at the Inn, guestrooms complete with kitchenettes at Overlook Lodge, and six-bedroom Stone Cottages.
- The lodge-style Inn is home to 15 charming deluxe guestrooms and suites at the hub of Bear Mountain State Park
- Overlook Lodge is home to 24 pet-friendly guestrooms complete with kitchenettes, work spaces, and Hudson River views
- The four Rustic stone, six-bedroom cottages include fireplaces, covered porches, and common living areas
- Complimentary Wifi is available at the Inn and Lodge. The Inn has a 24-hour front desk and business center
Bear Mountain Inn’s signature restaurant, Restaurant 1915 And Blue Roof Tapas Bar, is a tribute to the serene surroundings with lake views and vaulted ceilings, while HIker’s Cafe & Stand 10 is a concession stand for food on-the-go. Daily complimentary breakfast is included with your stay.
Restaurant 1915 And Blue Roof Tapas Bar — A colossal stone fireplace serves as the centerpiece as you pick from an extensive menu featuring burgers, calamari, flourless chocolate cake, and wine. We can never get enough of the terrific ambiance created by the soaring ceiling, exclusive woodwork, and lake views outside every window. It’s safe to say this dining room alone will leave you in love with the lodge.
Hiker’s Cafe & Stand 10 — When hiking and biking adventures are on, we need to fuel up fast and this concession stand has everything we need for our trek in the mountains. Stop by for quick snacks and light bites, and celebrate a successful hike with a scoop of Perry’s ice cream.
Bear Mountain Inn is the lively hub of Bear Mountain State Park, home to year-round activities for adventurers, families, couples, and solo travelers.
Grab the kids and head to the Merry-go-round pavilion for a cruise on hand-carved animals representing the park’s diverse wildlife residents. Jump in Bear Mountain pool for family fun under the sun, or stay above water with a romantic sunset cruise on the Hudson or a fishing trip atop Hessian Lake.
Feeling a little more adventurous? Ditch the rods and vessel for paddleboards and canoes. Strap on your boots and hike to the top of Bear Mountain where telescopes await at Perkins Memorial Tower (on a clear day, you can spot the Manhattan Skyline) or take a trip along the Appalachian Trail steps from your room. For a different kind of adventure, head to the third-floor spa for relaxing treatments and soothing services. And a trip to any national park requires a meet and greet with the locals, so swing by the Trailside Museums and Zoo to meet a black bear, and spot bald eagles at the Iona Island National Estuarine Sanctuary.
Bear Mountain Inn
Bear Mountain Inn is located at the base of Bear Mountain in New York’s Bear Mountain State Park. The bustling hub of the sprawling park system is just 45 minutes from the heart of New York City. The hotel overlooks the waters of Hessian Lake, near the Bear Mountain Ice Rink and Bear Mountain Bridge, just minutes from the Hudson River.