NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA: June 21, 2018 – With Pride celebrations in full swing worldwide, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, is having a celebration of its own.
Now in its seventh year, the brand’s Preferred Pride program has expanded to include more than 160 LGBTQ+-welcoming, independently owned and operated independent hotels and resorts, each of which offers personalized and memorable experiences from check-in to check-out, and stand for equality in their employment policies and services.
Whether travelers are heading out for a long weekend of Pride celebrations in a new city, a business trip or a romantic getaway, they can rest assured they will find the best-fit hotel in the Preferred Pride portfolio. Here, just in time for Pride season, Rick Stiffler, Vice President of Leisure Sales for Preferred Hotels & Resorts, shares his Top Preferred Pride Picks for 2018 summer travel in a new video, available online now.
From the streets of Beverly Hills and the sounds of New Orleans to the Aegean Sea views of Mykonos and lights of Paris, all of these properties celebrate diversity and are proud supporters of the LGBTQ+ community.
1) Montage Beverly Hills – California
- Long heralded as an enclave for a very fortunate few, Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most exclusive and sought after destinations. Located in the heart of the city’s Golden Triangle, the iconic Montage Beverly Hills offers a welcoming respite amid LA’s sophisticated chaos. For those who want to visit with a group of friends or family, the coveted Montage Residences offer signature Montage services and amenities, along with special additions such as rooftop pool cabanas, balconies with panoramic views of the Hollywood Hills, entertainment rooms, private wine cellars and more.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: Be sure to check out the rooftop pool, complete with striking views, delicious cocktails, and perhaps a famous face or two.
2) NOPSI Hotel – New Orleans
- The NOPSI Hotel in New Orleans pays homage to the city’s industrial history in an architecturally-rich space that captivates visitors with its vaulted ceilings and graceful archways of the stunning Grand Lobby. From live entertainment at the hotel’s regionally inspired Public Service restaurant to the dynamic rooftop pool and bar, NOPSI New Orleans is a lively hub that attracts artists, athletes, and celebrities alike.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: For the best burlesque brunch in town, take a quick stroll over to SoBou Restaurant, where you can see some legs with your eggs!
3) The Maritime Hotel – New York City
- An ode to its former life as the National Maritime Union, The Maritime Hotel is a sleek, nautically themed hotel on the border between two of Manhattan’s most exciting neighborhoods. Just off 16th and 9th Ave, guests will feel as if they’ve stepped off the streets of New York and onto a sleek luxury liner: the focal point of every cruise ship cabin–like room is a five-foot porthole window facing the Hudson River.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: Don’t forget to explore the streets of nearby Chelsea, the heart of gay New York, filled with bars and fun pride celebrations. A personal favorite spot for me is the chic Empire Diner in West Chelsea. The Cheeseburger is a must!
4) XV Beacon – Boston
- XV Beacon, a 63-room boutique haven carved out of a classic Beaux Arts building, offers guests luxury, style, class and culture. Conveniently located near Boston’s financial district, XV Beacon is nestled on a quaint, gas-lit street with picturesque brick sidewalks, offering guests the perfect mixture of excitement and relaxation.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: Meat lovers cannot miss a meal at Mooo, the apex of hotel fine dining.
5) Montalembert – Paris
- Opened in 1926, Montalembert is one of the premier choices for a luxury Paris boutique hotel on the vibrant Rive Gauche, or “Left Bank.” Intimate and elegant, this five-star hotel in the historic Saint-Germain-des-Prés district is near the Musée d'Orsay with its world-class Impressionist collection, and a short walk across the Seine from the iconic Musée du Louvre.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: Pop over to Les Souffleurs, a hip gay bar in the center of the Marais that’s difficult to spot if you don’t already know it’s there. Once inside, enjoy live music and classy décor.
6) Myconian Naia – Mykonos
- Quietly poised atop a hill that looks out over Mykonos and the blue Aegean sea, Naia sets a new standard for exclusive luxury with its unique beauty and rare charm. The adults-only hotel is equipped with 18 luxury suites; an infinity pool on the magnificent deck offering iconic views of the sea; a gourmet restaurant providing signature Mediterranean cuisine; and a pool bar with international finesse.
- #PreferredPride Tip from Rick: Enjoy lunch at Kiki’s Tavern in Agios Sostis Beach which some consider the best food in Mykonos. The restaurant is open from 1-7PM daily so get there early because there are no reservations - first come, first serve. Some wait hours for a table while they have a swim at the beach below.
About Preferred Pride
Preferred Hotels & Resorts launched the Preferred Pride collection in June 2011. To be eligible, hotels are encouraged to be either TAG Approved® (Community Marketing’s Travel Advocacy Group) or belong to IGLTA® (International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association). Both organizations are universally recognized to set the standards for LGBT travel. Hotels that participate in Preferred Pride are offered diversity training to provide insight in best practices in serving the LGBT community from check-in to check-out. Participating hotels may choose to assign an internal ambassador who has completed the training and will champion the activity within the hotel. For a list of all Preferred Pride hotels and to book, visit PreferredPride.com.
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Manager, Public Relations - Americas
+1 929 841 5240