GIFTTS recognizes member hotels in two ways: the Pineapple Awards and Certificates of Excellence.
The Pineapple Awards are given to member hotels that are leaders in each of the four GIFTTS categories, honoring their commitment to philanthropy, community service, sustainability, or education. The Overall Pineapple Award Leader is given to a hotel or resort that has demonstrated outstanding participation across all four categories.
The Certificates of Excellence recognize all member hotels for their good works in each of the four categories.
Over 80+ hotels submitted their photos and stories for the GIFTTS Pineapple Awards. Our member hotels are making significant contributions globally. The Pineapple Awards for 2016 go to these remarkable properties and partners:
- Philanthropy – Royal Lancaster London
- Community Service – NJV Athens Plaza
- Sustainability – Casa Dorada Los Cabos
- Education – The Leela Palace Bengaluru
- Overall Hotel – Pebble Beach Resorts
- Overall Corporate Entity – Rosen Hotels & Resorts
Please click the property names to see the wonderful work that is being done.
Thank you for letting us know how your hotels made a difference during 2016 in the categories of philanthropy, community service, sustainability, and education. Please see award criteria here.
Award winners will be honored at the Sales, Marketing, and Distribution Conference. In addition, hotel finalists will be recognized in press releases, social media, and other channels. To view the current GIFTTS video, please click here.
GIFTTS - Great Initiatives for Today's (Tomorrow's) Society - Recognizing exceptional actions on the part of member hotels and employees in the areas of philanthropy, community service, sustainability, and education
- Recent Hotel Volunteer Events - Celebrating the outstanding efforts of our member hotels globally as they impact their communities locally
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts Associate Events - Showcasing the individual actions by our associates locally and worldwide to build stronger communities while encouraging an environment of tolerance, generosity, and awareness
- View Previous Pineapple Award Winners - Recognizing member hotels for their tremendous leadership and outstanding efforts across four categories: "Philanthropic Hotel of the Year," "Community Service Hotel of the Year," "Sustainability Hotel of the Year," "Education Hotel of the Year," plus one "Overall Pineapple Award Leader."
To learn more about the Preferred Hotels & Resorts GIFTTS program, please watch the 2016 GIFTTS highlight video and hotel submission overview:
GIFTTS Highlight Video
Click to Play
Hotel Pineapple Awards Submissions
Click to Play