The vast resort campus at Palazzo di Varignana Resort and Spa offers a variety of recreation and rejuvenating activities. Wellness classes, spa treatments, swimming, and cooking courses can fill a guest's time. Outside the campus lies the beautiful area of the Bolognese Hills to explore.
Things to Do at Palazzo di Varignana Resort and Spa:
- Botanical Gardens: Spanning three hectars, the lush gardens feature a vegetable labyrinth (Labirinto Carlico), a rose passageway, and ornamental apple trees that divide up the gemometric themed plant fields, as a part of "Great Italian Gardens," a prestigious Italian network.
- Varsana Spa: The expansive spa at Palazzao di Varignana is a serene destination in itself. The hotel boasts and indoor and outdoor pool (with sun loungers), a steam bath, a pool with underwater music, a Finnish sauna, a bio-sauna, and an icefall. There are also three suites dedicated to couples treatments and five cabins for a full-range of private treatments. Guests will undoubtedly leave refreshed.
- VarSana Sport: The resort features a 24-hour, panoramic gym for cardio, Aufguss sauna programs, flexibility classes, and muscle reawakening workouts that can be organized at the spa. Starting June 2015, guests can enjoy tennis, paddle, and squash in the new sports field, while basking in the breathtaking view of the surrounding hills. Squash lovers have the extra pleasure of playing outdoors and indoors in the squash hall.
- Nordic Walks and Hiking: Built on acres of land, Palazzo di Varignana offers walking paths on property and instructors can help guests view the surrounding areas.
- Biking: Grab a map, marked with levels of difficulty, from the front desk and explore the area on city or mountain bikes available at the hotel.
- Children's Play Area: The resort offers games for children 2-12 years old and a playground on the resort grounds.
- Cooking Classes: Learn how to cook regional Italian favorites from the resort's own chefs.
Things to Do and See Around Bologna:
- Golf: Golf Club Le Fonti is just a 10-minute drive from the resort.
- Varignana Medieval Fortress and Antique Tower
- Archaeological Site Claterna
- Castel Guelfo, The Style Outlets
- Castel San Pietro Terme is a well-known city thanks to its thermal bath. The spa town offers a myriad of business dedicated to personal health and wellness.
- The Ducati Museum
- Traditional Cooking Lessons: Known as The Cesarine, carefully chosen landlords invite guests in their homes to teach the tradition and culture of Italian cooking and cuisines.
- Dozza: A medieval village known for its festival of the painted wall and an artful history.
- The Lamborghini Museum
- Galleria Ferrari, Maranello