From summer hiking guides and city tours to skiing the Alps in the winter, there is always something exciting happening in Sils-Maria.
The hotel features several large, relaxing lounges to unwind. Read a book at a foyer in the rocks, catch live music and reading performances at the Empire-Salon, or enjoy a cigar in the new smoker's lounge. Guests are also granted complimentary access to the hotel's indoor pool and sauna, among other facilities including mini golf, kids club, and more.
Hotel Waldhaus Sils offers all guests a free regional bus pass in the area that provides exceptional access to Sils, Maloja, St. Moritz, Zuoz, and Pontresina, even to Val Bregaglia, Soglio, and Chiavenna in Italy. Summer and autumn travels will receive a pass to all the cable cars and chair lifts throughout the region.
Things to Do and See Year-Round
- Hiking: Ask about the resort's hiking guides for trips to Grevasalvas or Isola, “Höhenweg” trail Alp Languard to Muottas Muragl, and Furtschellas to Corvatsch.
- Boat Excursions: Take a trip on Lake Sils with a stop in Isola (with a goat-cheese tasting) or in Maloja (castle ruin and moulins)
- Carriage Rides to Fex Valley and Chapel
- Horseback Riding
- Cross-country skiing or snowshoe hiking excursions:Trek across frozen Lake Sils with a stop in Isola for a glass of mulled wine, punch or a rustic Bregaglia specialty
- Sledding on the 3-mile run from preda to Bergün
- Table Tennis
- Winter Sports
- Val Fex
- St Moritz
- Sils Segl Maria
- Piz Pailu
- Piz Bernina
- Nietzsche Haus
- Segantini Museum
- Engadiner Museum
- Swisss National Park and Museum
- Val Bregaglia