Southern Hospitality in Georgia's Famed First City
Savannah’s old-school charm is on full display at The DeSoto, a historic district hotel surrounded by mansions, gardens, and restaurants in Georgia’s First City. While terra cotta lions, crystal chandeliers, and a grand lobby speak to its renowned past — The DeSoto originally opened in 1980 — the rooftop pool, cabana-lined patio, and show kitchen add an element of modern southern hospitality. With riverfront cobblestone streets and Forsyth Park’s famed fountain a quick walk away, there’s no better place to stay when taking a trip down south.
At a Glance
- Soar above the city at the rooftop pool and patio. The views of Madison Street are stunning
- Many rooms come with private balconies or verandas. Pool Side rooms boast direct access to the pool deck
- From craft beers and bourbon to Southern staples, three on-site restaurants whip up Georgia favorites
- Nine meeting rooms host everything from intimate conferences and gatherings to massive weddings
- Hands down the best location in Savannah. Trolley tours, Forsyth Park, and River Street are steps away