Sandpearl Resort offers a number of on-site activities and area points of interest for your trip to Clearwater.
Pool and beach—Enjoy a swim any day of the year in the climate-controlled, zero-entry lagoon-style pool, or relax in a private poolside cabana. From the private white sand beach, wade into the sparkling waters, lounge in a beach chair, or rent a Jet Ski or kayak. Stay into the night to roast s’mores at a beach-front fire pit.
Sandpearl Spa and Fitness Center—Named “One of the Top Spas in North America” by readers of Condé Nast Traveler, the Sandpearl Spa is a warm and inviting space to unwind and forget your cares. The spa offers massage, skin and body treatments, a therapeutic whirlpool and steam room, hair styling, manicures, and pedicures. Cardio machines and strength training equipment can be found in the spa’s fitness center. Wellness classes, like tai chi and group yoga sessions on the beach, are also available.
Camp Ridley—Camp Ridley is a children’s club for kids ages 5 through 10. Qualified camp coordinators lead young guests on nature walks and scavenger hunts, and instruct them in fun arts and crafts projects.
Nature-themed enrichment programs:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Clearwater Marine Aquarium with VIP seating at the dolphin show
- A two-hour journey aboard the Sea Life Safari for an eco-trip into the Intracoastal Waterway
- Two hours exploring the waters of Pinellas County in a kayaking excursion led by an expert guide
- Learning about the stars and planets from an astronomer with the solar telescope on the boardwalk
Dolphin encounter programs—Dolphin lovers will enjoy the chance to wade with dolphins or shadow a professional dolphin trainer at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. A cruise to Caladesi Island is also available with a return trip through the Gulf with dolphins swimming nearby.
Cultural programs—An artist-in-residence program allows guests to view the works of prominent artists as well as receive instruction from the artists, and an art tour through the hotel showcases the impressive art collection housed at the Sandpearl Resort. The resort also offers organic cooking demonstrations and behind-the-scenes tours of the LEED-certification initiatives.
Local Clearwater Attractions:
- Pier 60’s nightly sunset celebrations
- Kayaking around Caladesi Island
- Captain Bligh’s Landing Miniature Golf
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Clearwater Marina dinner cruises and deep sea fishing expeditions
- MLB spring training games
Florida Attractions within a 90-minute Drive:
- Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay
- Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa
- Florida Aquarium, Tampa
- Dali Museum, St. Petersburg
- Chihuly Collection Morean Arts Center, St. Petersburg
- Disney World, Orlando