A Lifestyle Boutique In The Heart of Lakewalk
As we continue to uncover the best destinations on earth, we’re always surprised by the under-the-radar gems sitting stateside. Sure, when we dream of vacation we picture the sun-kissed beaches and sandy shores of the usual suspects, but don’t sleep on “The Lone Star State’s” freshest face.
Sandwiched between College Station (home to Texas A&M) and the cozy city of Bryan, The Stella Hotel is the statement piece of Central Texas’s new town center, Lake Walk (currently under construction). Nestled along the shores of Lake Atlas, you’ll be steps from sumptuous eateries and entertainment, while also having access to complimentary (yes, free) paddleboards, bikes, and lakeside trails.
We spent our day cooling off from the sweltering sun at the on-site pool (the cabanas are our fave) before heading to legendary Kyle Field for some Aggie football (‘Gig ‘em!). Post pigskin, we hit Hershel’s, the hotel’s signature bar, for a glass of authentic Texas whiskey while the kids enjoyed the shoreside parks. As the sun went down, we snagged a complimentary ride to historic downtown Bryan for live music before ending the day with a stroll under the stars and a stop at the observation tower.
Know Before You Go
- Campfire restaurant and Hershel's craft cocktail bar are both on-site
- P.O.V., a specialty coffee roaster featuring Merit Coffee Roasting Co., is also on-site
- 20,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space perfect for weddings and/or work events
- 2 pools, 5 cabanas, and Watershed poolside bar
- Lake Walk Town Center spans 180,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space that is currently under development
- Centrally located near Easterwood Airport, Texas A & M University, ATLAS Biotech Corridor, & Traditions Golf Club