The Olivia Plaza Hotel sits at the very heart of touristic Barcelona. Within minutes of stepping out of the hotel, guests can stroll along Las Ramblas, browse in upscale boutiques on the Passeig de Gracia, or wander the historic Gothic Quarter, whose narrow streets hold medieval buildings and ancient Roman ruins.
Among the many other attractions within walking distance of the hotel are:
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, an enormous museum designed by famed architect Richard Meier and featuring changing displays of art, mostly from the second half of the 20th century.
- La Boqueria, a colorful market on Las Ramblas where vendors sell fruit, vegetables, meats, and countless other products.
- La Palau de la Música Catalana, a magnificent concert hall designed in the style known as Catalan art nouveau.
- The Picasso Museum, a world-famous museum displaying more than 4,000 of the great artist’s works.
- Casa Batlló and Casa Mila (La Pedrera), two strange and wonderful Modernist buildings designed by Antoni Gaudi.