Guests at Limelight Hotel Aspen can take advantage of a heated outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, a fitness room, and discounted admission to a nearby gym. The terraces atop the hotel are ideal spots for kicking back and enjoying panoramic mountain views.
The Aspen area is one of the world’s top destinations for winter sports, including downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and ice-skating. The area boasts four world-class ski resorts: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass.
In summer, visitors flock to Aspen to enjoy hiking, rock climbing, fly-fishing, whitewater rafting, golfing, and bicycling. Limelight guests enjoy free use of the hotel’s cruiser bicycles.
In addition to the ski resorts, top attractions in the Aspen area include:
- Independence Pass, which at 12,095 feet ranks as the highest paved mountain pass in North America.
- Maroon Bells, which are perhaps the most-photographed mountains in Colorado.
- The Silver Queen Gondola, which carries riders from downtown Aspen to the top of Aspen Mountain, where they’ll find a disc-golf course, a climbing wall, an obstacle course, and a restaurant.
- Wheeler Opera House, a performing-arts venue that dates back to 1889.
- Aspen Art Museum, where impressive collections of contemporary art are displayed in a striking, box-shaped building whose exterior is covered with woven strips of wood.
- Smuggler Mine, where visitors can learn how silver was mined in the 19th century.