Global Sales Executive, Africa
A dedicated resource for Global Sales in Africa is required to drive the outbound sales effort from the region. The resource can also very effectively assist in driving co-related efforts together with the Regional Director and Revenue Account Director, synchronizing Global Sales, thereby positively influencing revenue generation capacity of the region.
Under general supervision of the Regional Director Africa and VP Global Sales and other senior sales resources in the region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and manage business relationships with key TMCs in the region to retain existing and gain incremental production for Member Hotels through PHR channels.
- Manage corporate business relationships with prominent PHR managed accounts in Africa, out of the listing of around 560 accounts managed by PHR.
- Develop and manage corporate business relationships with top African Corporate Accounts to influence and drive business for PHR member hotels globally.
- Develop new TMC and / or Corporate Accounts to add to the Global Accounts List.
- Manage business relationships with top outbound Travel Agencies (both Leisure and Corporate) in Africa. Build and constantly monitor the database.
- Manage business relationships with top MICE operators in Africa and maintain their database
- Endorse relationships with the MICE divisions of key TMCs such as AMEX, CWT, HRG & BCD in Africa to positively influence MICE business outflow to our international member hotels. This would require us to travel to their crucial hubs in Africa and make presentations to their MICE Teams and educate them on our Brands and Global Portfolio
- Initiate and drive relationship with Tourism offices of Top Africa outbound destinations (i.e. Dubai, London/UK, Seychelles, Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, etc.).
- Plan, organize & execute Africa Roadshows.
- Identify and participate in major travel trade fairs in Africa like WTM Africa, Indaba, etc.
Member Hotel - Sales Relationship Management
- Closely work with the RD and RAM in retention of hotels in the region by consolidating regional business into our member hotels, across corporate, leisure and MICE segments.
- Execute new member hotel Training & Orientation on the Sales function including Global & Group Sales (Member portal, iBid, Lanyon, etc.)
- Provide end-to-end support on the RFP process to Member Hotels in the region starting from identifying the top relevant retention ad acquisition accounts to RFP closures on Lanyon and finally Rate Loading & Mapping
- Work closely with Regional Director and RAM on Production Workbook and Hotelligence Report Analysis and follow through the action points with our Global Sales Teams as well as member hotel Sales contacts. This will be chased and monitored consistently to ensure that we are able to divert existing business into our member hotels.
- Work with PHR Group Sales Team to drive leads into Member Hotels in the region by providing them with MICE specific presentations, share regular updates and special offers from Member Hotels in the region
- Support Regional Director and RAM to assist Resort Member Hotels focusing on leisure business by helping them identify & execute potential opportunities either with luxury leisure programs such as Virtuoso / Amex FHR, etc. and / or with PHR driven programs such as Preferred Platinum, GTA, BA Holidays, etc..
- Participate in Business Reviews with Member Hotels along with RD with RAM
- Organize & execute Business Travel Forums and Client Events with our partner Travel Management Companies in Africa
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through an elaborate exposure into Transient & Group Sales functions of a hotel’s operation in a senior management capacity for a minimum of 10 years.
Working environment is home office based.
- Sales Training on systems like Member Portal, iBid, Lanyon, MyReporter
- Hotelligence Report & STR Analysis
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To be considered for this position, please complete the application form.