Revenue Account Manager – Africa
The Revenue Account Manager (RAM) ensures maximum revenue generation for hotels within the region and to Preferred Hotels & Resorts through effective use of the PHR Central Reservation System and distribution channels. The RAM is an active part of the regional team supporting the region’s hotels in terms of reservations/revenue analysis and consultation, and new hotel implementations.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Director / Director, Business Development – Africa, with a dotted line responsibility to the Director, Revenue Account Management – IMEA, the RAM works with Area/Regional Director(s), the Revenue Account Management team, the GDS department, Central Cervices, and the Sales and Marketing departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hotel Business Reviews: Perform regularly scheduled reviews of hotels in accordance with PHR service level standards and as agreed upon by Regional management. Reviews include, but are not restricted to: rate analysis, availability, sales strategies and competitive set information. Communicate results of reviews, along with recommendations or corrective actions, to the hotel and Regional management
- Hotel Support: Conduct rate strategy sessions with hotels and ensure appropriate execution during hotel implementation. Ensure implementation timeline is achieved. Direct hotels to appropriate help resources and provide direct support as defined by PHR’s RAM Service Model.
- Central Reservations, Distribution and Revenue Management Regional Subject Matter Expert: Provide information to Regional Management on changes, enhancements and general updates on PHR central reservations system, distribution channels, distribution opportunities and iTools. Implement as agreed upon. Participate in PHR monthly RAM calls.
- Regional Reservation Analysis. Provide analysis to Regional Director on overall reservation past and pace transaction data including recommendations for channel maximization and improvements to hotel and PHR revenue.
- Market Intelligence. Present competitive market data for distribution channels to contribute to channel and revenue maximization in region.
- Transactional Profitability - Work with DRAM and Account Director (AD) to analyse the profitability of an existing or potential hotel and jointly recommend pricing scenarios
- Complete and fulfill requirements to attain and maintain PHR’s Revenue Account Management Certification.
- Support Area/Regional Director as needed related to member services, and retention of existing members.
- Worker characteristic are normally acquired through the completion of a university degree program or related hotel/travel industry experience.
- Three plus years industry related experience required. An additional two to three years direct hotel revenue management experience required.
- A strong understanding of the principles of distribution, pricing and revenue management required.
- Sales, Reservations, Distribution, and/or Revenue Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GDS and CRS systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills; customer service oriented; ability to manage multiple tasks; analytical ability to interpret statistical data; proven presentation skills.
Home Office based position, located in Cape Town. Travel 30-50% of time as appropriate to support the overall expectation of the position.
- Outlook Training
- CRM Training
- CRS Learning Center - self paced learning
- PHR complete Revenue Account Management curriculum
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.