Manager, Public Relations, PHG Consulting
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Public Relations, PHG Consulting, the Manager, Public Relations, PHG Consulting is a key interface between the company and media audiences, ensuring consistency across consumer, trade, and industry messages in North America serving as the in-house representative for the company and its clients. With oversight from the Director, the Manager is responsible for supporting traditional PR and social media relations campaigns for PHG Consulting and its clients and is directly responsible for executing the tactics and for securing positive, continuous coverage of clients in North American media outlets. Day-to-day tasks will include writing press releases, pitching stories, assisting with journalist enquiries, maintaining media databases for the North American market, researching destination updates, organizing group and individual media FAM trips, developing and maintaining productive relationships with key industry, trade, and consumer journalists, completing other administrative tasks, and supporting clients’ social media efforts, as required.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Public Relations and with oversight from the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Public Relations, the Manager shall liaise with multiple internal departments, business owners, and PHG Consulting clients to support their respective activities. There is regular interaction with the entire PHG Consulting team, journalists, editors, and clients, and phone calls, and follow-through.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director, Public Relations to execute integrated media relations plans for PHG Consulting clients to include public relations and social media strategies, as required
- Fulfill traditional PR duties such as serving as a day-to-day contact for media; handling media requests for images and information; compiling activity re-cap reports for clients; securing consistent and quality media placements with active pitching via phone, email, and in-person interactions; researching, drafting, and distributing press releases and pitch documents; planning, facilitating, and hosting media group and individual FAM trips; planning and hosting one-on-one media desksides; building, organizing, and maintaining internal lists of media and social influencers, as well as editorial calendars; and producing press kits and media mailings
- Support the planning and coordination of events and PR gatherings as required by individual client plans
- Liaise with internal resources to develop press stories that support the goals and objectives of PHG Consulting and its clients
- Have the capability to draft social media posts, if necessary
- Stay updated on public relations and social media trends and use the knowledge to positively impact and improve efforts executed on behalf of PHG Consulting and its clients
- Assist with the new business process by crafting thoughtful recommendations for PR campaigns
- Manage the press rooms for PHG Consulting’s website and those of clients, as required
- Accept additional Preferred Hospitality Group duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Passion for travel.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in public relations. Hospitality experience required. Agency experience preferred.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills including writing for press releases, feature articles, and executive talking points.
- Extensive knowledge of media outlets, journalists, and travel influencers in the Americas.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media channels and experience utilizing them to interact with media and boost awareness of PR campaigns.
- Knowledge of hotel industry, tourism trends, and international destinations
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, editing, and English skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a rapidly evolving work environment
- Detail oriented.
- Technology and web savvy with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. in journalism, public relations, communications marketing, or related field
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.