Director, Marketing - Americas - Newport Beach, CA
The Director, Marketing develops and implements the marketing strategy and related tactics to support the Americas region and the company’s global marketing objectives. Measurement of success is through sales of marketing programs to hotels, room nights and revenue to hotels, revenue to Preferred Hotels & Resorts and adherence to budget. Primary areas of responsibility include Cooperative Marketing for the Americas, regional programming, relationship management of key regional and global partners, support of regional revenue and hotel retention goals, and participation in global planning and implementation.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director oversees the Project Coordinator, Marketing – Americas. The Director works closely with the Executive Vice President, Americas and Area MD North America of the Americas to ensure alignment of objectives and strategies. The Director works in partnership with the Global Marketing, Loyalty, Communications and Creative Services teams. In addition, there is frequent collaboration with Revenue Management, IT, and Finance departments. The Director interacts frequently with the Regional Directors of the Americas. Relationship building and management of key partners and vendors is very important in this role. There is frequent interaction with hoteliers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development, planning, selling and implementation of the Global Cooperative Marketing Platform to support overall business objectives
- Direct responsibility for sales of marketing programs to hotels in the Americas
- Develop, plan, sell, implement and track progress of Cooperative Marketing Programs for the Americas region that support regional objectives
- Create and manage budget for Cooperative Marketing Programs for the Americas (Global and Regional)
- Select and manage vendors as required for execution of programs
- Own and manage global and regional partner relationships as directed by CMO
- Ensure all internal departments such as finance, revenue management, and ecommerce, are aligned with objectives and programs and that operational requirements are defined and implemented
- Forecast and report on actual results of program sales, production, revenue and expenses
- Manage communication to hoteliers on programs and results
- Minimum seven years of experience in integrated marketing (digital media, partnership marketing, direct mail, email) including budgeting, planning, execution and measurement of program plans with leadership
- Analytical skills with ability to assess data and form recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leveraging strategic partnerships for marketing programs
- Experience in travel, hospitality, tourism marketing preferred
- Technology and web savvy with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in measuring and tracking KPIs, and making strategic recommendations based on results
- Educated to degree level or show a similar level of professional development
- Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful
- This position will consist of 10-20% travel outside the office.
Working environment is located in Newport Beach, CA and work takes place in the office. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time.
- Company Orientation
- Preferred Online MS Office Environment
- Performance Measurement and My Reporter
- Marketing Database Training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.