Coordinator, Corporate Communications - Newport Beach
The key function of the Coordinator, Corporate Communications is to provide vital administrative support and project assistance for the brand’s internal and media communications efforts. Projects will include assistance with the company’s intranet and extranet sites, working with internal and external partners to maintain effective, engaging, and consistent content, supporting social media initiatives, creating presentations to represent the department’s work, and other Corporate Communications responsibilities, as directed and requested.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Communications and supports the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Public Relations on a daily basis. This position will also require regular collaboration with the Manager, Global Social Media, and other key stakeholders across all departments. There will be some interfacing with outside partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and execution of company-wide online communication strategy that results in awareness and engagement of products and services across all member hoteliers and associate levels, appropriate to their respective online portals
- Work with the internal team to enforce a content policy for both channels to ensure hoteliers and associates receive consistent, integrated communication in terms of quality, tone, formatting, etc. in support of company initiatives and goals
- Serve as a back-up content administrator, enforcing security/visibility settings, publishing/un-publishing content, and assisting contributors with CMS (content management system) usage
- Assist in content administration for brand social media microsites, as needed.
- Coordinate PreferredNet content relative to the @PreferredHotels newsletter, as needed
- Provide customer service support to respond to and/or route requests for assistance with the site, front end and back end (to include member logins, passwords, and other assignments)
- Responsible for continuously updating the communications department’s presence on PreferredNet and SharePoint, including Corporate Communications, Public Relations, and Social Media content.
- Support the Manager, Global Social Media with Americas’ hotel engagement tactics including providing guidance on the best practices for engaging with brand social media campaigns, communicating updates on key initiatives, and drafting other social media-related hotel communications.
- Support the Manager, Global Social Media with oversight of internal company “brand ambassadors” on social media.
- Create monthly Americas-specific content for social media channels to support brand campaigns and communicate regional hotel news.
- Create presentations for the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Public Relations related to department work, for use during internal and external meetings, as requested
- Draft content for other corporate communications vehicles, as needed
- Accept other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a communications position (i.e. corporate communications, public relations, marketing, social media)
- Experience with intranets or collaboration software; SharePoint experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, to include copywriting and proofreading
- Experience working with a content management system (CMS) and basic understanding of components of common web technology
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Highly organized self-starter, motivated and results oriented
- Ability to travel, as needed
Working environment is located in Newport Beach, CA and work takes place in the office. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.