Coordinator, Email Marketing - Newport Beach, CA
Marketing is an essential promotional tool for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. The Coordinator, Email Marketing will assist in the execution, reporting, and project management for email marketing efforts.
Under the supervision of the Director, Loyalty, the Coordinator, Email Marketing is responsible supports customer acquisition, engagement, and conversions through email.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day to day management and support of email marketing efforts including trafficking all email campaign workflows, working with hotel partners and internal stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate, and implement email marketing communications within marketing automation software including the set-up, deployment, and monitoring of email communications including newsletters, dedicated campaign emails, company and partner announcements to engaged members of various databases, leveraging dynamic content, personalization, and current market insights to optimize overall program
- Use measurement tools to track and monitor open, click through, delivery rates, and more, to optimize campaigns, and create reports for external and internal business owners.
- Work closely with the email marketing and campaign team to monitor list churn and subscriptions according to SPAM regulations
- Modify and create HTML messages with pre-built templates.
- Proofread, cross-check business owner requests, and test all elements of emails (links, landing page, ISP and browser rendering, etc.) prior to deployment.
- Maintain hotel and departmental reports, gathering data for monthly marketing communications reporting to share email marketing and co-op hotel campaign performance
- Create accurate lists and segments to deploy emails and meet business goals
- Deploy emails and monitor deliverability issues
- Assure tracking and other program integrations are functioning correctly before deployment
- Log & monitor any bugs in the email marketing program and effectively get issues resolved
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and brand consistency in email communications
- Adhere to PHR and industry best practices for email and digital communications and ensures that these practices are followed throughout the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Coordinator, Email Marketing must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), and software applications such as customer relationship management and email campaign programs. The Coordinator should be familiar with digital marketing strategies and project management fundamentals. Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills are required for this position. Must be adept at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, form conclusions, and develop recommendations is required.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communication studies or a related major is preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Systematic approach to data management and segmentation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Marketing automation software experience is a plus but not required
- Work experience and knowledge of direct and email marketing
- Excellent time and project management skills with demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong internal and external customer relationship skills
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Marketing automation software training
- Review of PHR direct and mass marketing policies and procedures
- Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.