Account Manager, Group Sales - Newport Beach, CA
The Account Manager, Group Sales provides pro-active execution of group sales processes and coordination operations as directed by the Manager, Group Sales – Operations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Group Sales – Operations works with specified members of the group sales team, member hotel sales managers, and clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate sales tracking, sales account management and database records through effective use of all PHG sales tools and systems including CRM, www.phgmeetings.com, and brand member portals.
- Ensure contemplative and professional response to all client/member hotel group sales requests.
- Distribute all group leads to hotel members and all group lead profiles within two (2) hours of receiving leads. Qualify leads, update database with lead profile distribution to members, member follow up within 24 hours of non-response, assisting with report generation as needed.
- Communicate with clients, sales directors, and with hotel members regarding program information on a daily basis.
- Provide effective organization and communications for hotel members and clients in conjunction with sales managers for all regional sales events and all sales activities.
- Assist with collateral distribution as required.
- Develop thorough knowledge of hotel members, Preferred Hotel Group and clients.
- Help to organize and coordinate events. Participation in client event marketing, planning and execution.
- Assist visiting hotel representatives, i.e. set up appointments and sales calls.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Assist in preparing monthly activities report, production report, MICE report and other applicable reports.
- Provide sales director with complete telephone and email support as requested.
- Report for duty punctually, wearing appropriate attire, reflecting a professional and polished image
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming at all times, projecting a positive and motivated attitude.
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of university or college and or travel industry experience, university / college degree preferred; disciplined, structured, detail oriented organizational skills; determined follow through efforts; diplomatic personality; sales department administration experience; excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Windows.
Working environment is located in Newport Beach, CA and work takes place in the office. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time.
- Outlook Training
- CRM training
- Speed RFP / www. Phgmeetings.com training
- Starcite and CVent training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.