Designer, Creative Services - Newport Beach, CA
The Designer (print and digital) works within and applies Preferred Hotels & Resorts' brand guidelines on a consistent basis to all work, including brochures, posters, invitations, print advertisements, event collateral, stationary, email graphics, web and blog graphics, and other publications, and visual assets.
Under the general supervision of the Art Director/Designer, the Designer will create collateral (print and digital) from concept through production for various departments within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and layout various collateral (print and digital), providing a strong design aesthetic and understatnding of PH&R's brand. Contributing role in conceptual and strategic goals of the department.
- Print collateral includes, but not limited to: invitations, print advertisements, brochures, posters, postcards, event collateral, and other publications.
- Design and layout artwork for the website on an as-needed basis, including banners, invitations, email, homepage content, and other web assets.
- Image selection and preparation for publication (print and digital).
- Develop PowerPoint templates and presentations
- Update existing collateral materials while maintaining brand consistency
- Create information graphics and data visualizations for use on the web and in publications
- Participate in the ongoing process of improving brand website and e-communications
- Organize and maintail all visual design collateral and share resources with team members
- Comfortably balance multiple projects, large and small (including production), in a fast-paced environment to meet the needs of the department
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through:
- An average of 3+ years of professional working experience in advertising/graphic design, knowledge, and experience with luxury brands is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree - BS/BA/BFA - or equivalent from a four-year college (Graphic or Communication Design preferred)
- Strong design skills: layout, type, photography, graphic elements
- Strong creative skills: ability to conceive and create effective visuals
- Expertise in producing print-ready files
- Strong attention to detail and graphics standards
- Strong organization and production skills
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously, establishing appropriate priorities and work procedures
- Will spend most time on InDesign, but also need a clear understanding of current design programs, including (but not limited to) Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe CC, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of OS X, HTML, and CSS; web animation (HTML 5, Flash, or other platform) skills a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with people of diverse/multidiciplinary backgrounds
Working environment is generally favorable. LIghting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. IIncumbent is seated most of the time.
- Orientation in Chicago
- Outlook Training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.