Junior Graphic Designer - Newport Beach
This position will support with the delivery of best-in-class marketing collateral, including email campaigns, display banner ads, websites, videos, presentation development, and other related tasks to support the digital marketing and ecommerce efforts for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. The Junior Graphic Designer will work closely with the Creative Manager to help maintain, and enforce PHR design standards as well as execute for co-op marketing, iPrefer initiatives, website optimization, and other marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engage users and members, drive incremental business to our portfolio of Hotels, and continually optimize the user experience. The core goal is to drive revenue through digital channels.
The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for key support across overall marketing team, in particular the iPrefer and ecommerce teams, and report into the Creative Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support all design development and production of digital marketing design, working closely with the Creative Manager
- Consistently produce concepts and develop artwork to satisfy design objectives
- Effectively manage multiple projects with other members of the team
- Create web graphics and marketing collateral consistent with our brand image
- Communicate daily with the team to make sure all creative assets, including imagery, remain consistent across all digital channels (website, email, paid media, etc)
- Continually learn, keep on top of new trends, techniques, and tools to continually achieve excellence and produce engaging visual content
- Must be resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while effectively managing competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, or related field
- Strong creative sense with a visual eye for design aesthetics
- Excellent skills working in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint with proven experience creating templates and designing effective content slides while demonstrating a strong sense of typography, layout, and composition
- HTML5 coding/programming is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to present information effectively across teams and vendors, as well as varying levels of the organization
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Energetic, self starter, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of digital trends and technologies pertinent to driving audience growth and engagement
- Online travel industry experience preferred, but not required
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.