Coordinator, Web Content
The primary responsibility of the Coordinator, Web Content is to collect, write, edit, and upload content for Preferred Hotel & Resorts’ consumer-facing website, PreferredHotels.com, while following brand standards and voice and maximizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. The Coordinator will oversee the digital content development for new hotel implementations, assist with editing and refreshing previously created content, and support all web content-related requests from hotel representatives. As needed, the Coordinator will provide general support to the Ecommerce team.
Under the general supervision of the Managing Director, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce and direct supervision of the Manager, Web Content, the Coordinator, Web Content executes website content requirements for Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect, write, and edit website content, including copy and images; edit to meet brand standards and SEO requirements; post on websites; update as required
- Participate in new hotel implementation calls and onboard all new hotels, ensuring their complete online presence is finalized by agreed upon deadlines
- Expert user on Preferred Hotel & Resorts’ Web Content Management System (CMS)
- Assist in documentation and maintenance of processes for: efficient onboarding of new hotels and maintaining content for existing hotels; loading new offers and maintaining content for existing offers; and new web content and maintenance of web content sections, such as destination guides, experiences, listicles, and other content marketing initiatives
- Archive all content and process information appropriately for future needs and reference in a consistently organized fashion
- Provide assistance and coverage for image maintenance on the websites, including daily updates and optimization, image solicitation from hotels, and handle relationship with third party vendor for the Private Digital Library (PDL)
- Contribute to overall Ecommerce & Digital Marketing projects and campaigns as needed
- Bachelors degree required; English or Journalism major preferred
- 1-3 years experience in communications role inclusive of online experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Outstanding attention to detail required
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CMS platforms
- Basic HTML coding skills
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline pressures
- Ability to quickly and comfortably flex to meet frequent changes in priority
- Understanding of travel/hospitality industry a plus, but not required
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Content Management System Training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.