Manager, Public Relations & Social Media
The Manager, Public Relations & Social Media EMEA is a key interface between the company and traditional and social media audiences in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The primary responsibilities of the Manager is to support the Director, Public Relations EMEA in executing the public relations strategy in the region; to work with the Manager, Global Social Media on the implementation of EMEA-specific social media tactics as part of #ThePreferredLife global campaign; and to optimise coverage of Preferred Hotels & Resorts in diverse media outlets. The successful candidate will collaborate with the global PR & Social Media team to identify newsworthy story angles and anticipate trends; write press releases and pitches that appeal to media; and secure the placement of articles that highlight the brand, its programmes and experiences. Daily tasks include leveraging established relationships with UK industry, trade and consumer journalists; developing productive relationships with key European and Middle Eastern media; working with external PR agencies to ensure a consistent brand voice and messaging; and actively contributing to social media initiatives on a daily basis.
Led by the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Public Relations, the Global PR & Social Media team members are located in Newport Beach (California), London, Singapore, Beijing, Cleveland, and New York City. Under the direct supervision of the Director, Public Relations, EMEA and with a dotted line to the Manager, Global Social Media, the Manager, Public Relations & Social Media EMEA will collaborate with team members globally, and liaise with multiple internal departments, executives and business owners to support their respective activities. There will be regular interaction with member hotels, journalists, editors, social media audiences, and external PR agencies including in-person presentations, phone calls, action plan development, and follow-through.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to and execute activities outlined within corporate and EMEA PR and social media action plans, targeting trade and consumer media audiences; brainstorm and prepare sub-plans for specific projects, and maintain the EMEA PR and social media calendar.
- Fulfil traditional PR duties such as building internal databases of journalists and social influencers; handling media requests for information and images; compiling coverage reports; researching, drafting, and distributing PR materials (i.e. press release, pitches, etc.); liaising with internal and external resources to develop press stories that support corporate goals and objectives; and securing quality placements with active pitching via phone, email, and in-person interactions.
- Support the Social Media Manager with Europe-specific content creation and ideas for new strategies related to #ThePreferredLife social media campaign; duties include monitoring and posting on channels, networking with prominent European influencers; engaging internal and external brand ambassadors.
- Develop and maintain productive media relationships, with a focus on UK journalists and editors.
- Organize hotel visits within the EMEA region for credible journalists and social media influencers across region to support department goals.
- Collaborate with regional and global marketing teams to develop and execute brand campaigns.
- Supervise PR agencies in the EMEA region, as required.
- Support the planning, coordination, and roll-out of UK and international media events for brand or hotel-specific purposes.
- Secure interviews, speaking engagements and other thought leadership opportunities for senior executives.
- Manage PR budget for EMEA.
- Provide guidance to member hotels on the best practices for working with the PR & Social Media team and generating traction with key media, as part of an overall responsibility to help increase hotel member engagement with our tactics across the social media & PR disciplines.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends to positively impact and improve public relations and social media efforts executed on behalf of the brand.
- Support the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Public Relations with additional PR- and social media-specific duties, as requested.
- Passion for travel.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in a travel and lifestyle/ hospitality public relations role. Agency experience preferred.
- Established relationships with UK journalists/ media outlets; some knowledge of European and/or Middle Eastern journalists desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in a European language desirable.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of effective social media practices on key social channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter etc.).
- Technology and web savvy with proficiency in all relevant Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail and deadline-orientated.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in English, modern languages, communication studies or journalism.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.