Director, Regional Sales
The Director, Regional Sales is responsible for bringing in new revenue streams for PH&R from businesses situated in UK, Ireland, Nordics and Netherlands (countries subject to change). The primary responsibility for this position is to development new business opportunities for hotels in the region by contacting segments not currently touched by current teams.
The Director, Regional Sales reports to the Managing Director - UK, Ireland, Nordics and Netherlands and works closely with Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, and Finance departments in support of his/her regional hotels. A close relationship with the Global Sales team is key.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cold Calling databases primarily in London to work on biggest opportunities. Setting up appointments of approximately 8-10 per week to support targets
- Working with member hotels to identify untapped opportunities where they feel we could better support
- Deliver specific revenue per hotel across multiple segments, eg, Corporate, Leisure and MICE, F&B
- Maintain regular contact with all hotels in the region by personal visit, telephone, and meetings
- Initiate regional sales and marketing activities and programs to support member properties, support and sell PH&R brand
- Work toward and report on the achievement of regional and position specific goals as defined by the company’s and the region’s annual SMART goals
- Provide timely scheduled and, as assigned, ad hoc status reports on areas of responsibility
Assist the Managing Director in meeting with new opportunities as necessary. Through relationships with existing properties, develop lead opportunities for new hotels within the region and globally.
- 6+ years of travel industry or FMCG related sales experience required
- A proven track record for developing converting sales
- Fluency in spoken and written English, other languages a plus
- Strong experience in hotel sales
- Outstanding communications and persuasion skills, both written and verbal
- Competency in the use of business software for communications and presentations
- Strong business acumen, analytical and multi-dimensional strategic-thinking skills required
- Good knowledge of electronic distribution channels for hotel and travel industry
- High energy, passion and grit / commitment required
- Strong team-work and team-building skills required
- Experience with global markets, cultural awareness, and global perspective
Working environment is 20% from the London office with ‘hot desk’ provided. 80% of time spent traveling or out on appointments.
- Company Orientation
- PH&R member hotels and team knowledge
- PH&R tools training – Outlook, CRM, SynXis, PH&R member portals and other systems
- Education and guidelines of PH&R Brand Standards and all programs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.