Revenue Account Manager - North Asia (Hong Kong)
The Revenue Account Manager (RAM) ensures maximum revenue generation for hotels within the region and to PHG through effective use of the PHG Central Reservation System and distribution channels. The RAM is an active part of the regional team supporting the region’s hotels in terms of reservations/revenue analysis and consultation, new hotel implementation, and other key aspects of the member/PHG relationship.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Director, North Asia, the RAM works with Area/Regional Director(s) managing North Asia, the GDS department, the Revenue Account Management team, and the Sales and Marketing departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hotel Business Reviews: Perform regularly scheduled reviews of hotels in accordance with PHG service level standards and as agreed upon by Regional management. Reviews include, but are not restricted to: rate analysis, availability, sales strategies, competitive set information and external data like Agency 360 and STR. Communicate results of reviews, along with recommendations or corrective actions, to the hotel and Regional management.
- Hotel Support: Conduct rate audits, rate strategy sessions with hotels and ensure appropriate execution during hotel implementation. Ensure implementation timeline is achieved. Direct hotels to appropriate help resources and provide direct support as defined by PHG’s RAM Service Model.
- Central Reservations, Distribution and Revenue Management Regional Subject Matter Expert: Provide information to Regional Management on changes, enhancements and general updates on PHG central reservations system, distribution channels, distribution opportunities and iTools. Implement as agreed upon. Participate in PHG monthly RAM calls.
- Regional Reservation and Profit Analysis. Provide analysis to the Area/Regional Director(s) on overall reservation past and pace transaction data and profit including recommendations for channel maximization and improvements to hotel and PHG revenue.
- Market Intelligence. Present competitive market data for distribution channels to contribute to channel and revenue maximization in region. D
- Education. Assist with the onboarding of new hotels and ensure that the hotel management team has a good understanding of the rate strategy recommended, the goals and the tools available to achieve the desired results.
- Complete and fulfill requirements to attain and maintain PHG’s Revenue Account Management Certification.
- Support Area/Regional Director(s) as needed related to member services, retention of existing members, and recruitment of new hotels
- Worker characteristic are normally acquired through the completion of a university degree program or related hotel/travel industry experience.
- A strong understanding of the principles of distribution, pricing and revenue management required.
- Sales, Reservations, Distribution, and/or Revenue Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of PMS, GDS and CRS systems. CMS and RMS a plus
- Ability in mastering Excel and / or any analytical tools.
- Excellent relationship building skills; customer service oriented; ability to manage multiple tasks; analytical ability to interpret statistical data; proven presentation skills.
- Five plus years industry related experience required. An additional three years direct hotel revenue management experience required.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin / Putongua.
Working environment is located in the Hong Kong office. Space is elegantly as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Incumbent is seated most of the time when in the office. Travel 30-50% of time as appropriate to support the overall expectation of the position.
- PHG Orientation
- Outlook Training
- PHG CRM Training
- CRS Learning Center – self paced learning
- PHG complete Revenue Account Management certification
- Agency 360 / STR / Performance Insights Training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.