Manager, Marketing - Historic Hotels - Washington, D.C.
The Manager, Marketing – Historic Hotels is responsible for growing revenue through digital and ecommerce marketing, selling cooperative marketing and sales programs, and enhancing revenue growth from partnerships for the Historic Hotels of America and Historic Hotels Worldwide programs
Under the general supervision of the Director, Marketing and Partnerships – Historic Hotels, the Manager, Marketing – Historic Hotels works with other associates, and communicates with current and prospective member hotels, vendors, partners, and clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Manager, Marketing – Historic Hotels, support the revenue growth of HistoricHotels.org and HistoricHotelsWorldwide.com by updating hot deals, experiences, and home page offers and tracking and amending promotions based on reviews of analytics.
Support the revenue growth of HistoricHotelsWorldwide.com and HistoricHotels.org and work with Director of Marketing and Partnerships to plan and execute digital marketing campaigns with components such as e-newsletters, emails, social media, banner ads, and more by identifying suitable topics or packages/rates and writing copy that support the campaign messaging as well as tracking and communicating results to the stakeholders.
Develop and enhance ecommerce partnerships with heritage brand consumer companies, heritage and cultural non-profit organizations, and other partners; develop and drive Partner driven income from multi-national partnerships such as UNESCO, INTO, ICOMOS, international airlines, and other international travel partners.
- Packages (measured by total revenue and room nights)
- Linking in Sites to HistoricHotelsWorldwide.com (measured by increase of sites linking in to HistoricHotelsWorldwide.com from 50+ to more than 500+)
- International and domestic co-op campaigns (measured by co-op revenue from hotels and results produced)
Other duties as assigned including directing the annual directory updates, selling cooperative marketing programs, creating cooperative marketing opportunities with other heritage and cultural travel partners, and leading our internship program with local universities.
- College degree with at least three years of related marketing experience in a historic hotel
- Strong digital marketing and e-commerce experience, preferable with developing partnerships and digital advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including building and delivering strong presentations
- Worked for a web-based travel company or hospitality company with revenue growth responsibilities for at least three historic hotels
- Knowledge of domestic and international travel, geography, events, and cultures
- Social media experience and strong photo editing experience is a plus
- Proven computer literacy skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM
- Experience with Omniture and/or Google Analytics
- Ability to work within a group and individually
Working environment is in a professional office environment, including all required technology tools.
- Orientation in Washington
- Outlook & CRM Training (self-paced)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.