Product Manager, Internet Distribution - Booking Engine - Chicago, IL
The Product Manager, Internet Distribution is responsible for the maintenance, design and implementation of both Member Hotel and Brand Booking Engines. The Product Manager will be primarily responsible for creating the standards for Hotel IBE design in conjunction with PHR brand standards, and working with the Marketing department to implement their standards for Brand IBE. The Product Manager, Internet Distribution is a specialist in the SynXis Booking Engine, SynXis IBE Design Tool, SynXis API, SynXis CR and any other related tools. The Product Manager, Internet Distribution is considered the Subject Matter Expert for the Hotel IBE and consults with Directors of Revenue Account Management and hotels on optimal implementation and use of the IBE.
Under the general supervision of the Vice President – Distribution & Revenue Management, the IBE Product Manger manages the IBE Front End Development Specialist, IBE Implementation Specialist, and other IBE staff. The Product Manager, Internet Distribution works closely with the Web Development team, Senior Director of Global Distribution Systems, Senior Director of Central Services, Senior Director of Customer Relations, the Revenue Account Managers and Marketing Department in a global capacity; and manages IBE and related vendor relationships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and manage the vendor/customer relationship with the IBE provider to provide the highest levels of service and technology for the transmission of data and electronic bookings.
- Manage the job responsibilities of the IBE Department to ensure its effective operation, specifically with regard to the supervision of people and processes.
- Work with the Revenue Account Managers and/or hoteliers in resolving escalated system issues concerning rate or information discrepancies and other system problems.
- Develop, define and document office procedures as they relate to day to day operations of the data center.
- Maintains IBE staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains IBE staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Assesses market competition by comparing PHR’s Brand and Hotel IBE design and function to competitors' products.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future IBE functionality and design by reviewing specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or design changes
- Works to synchronize the Brand IBE alongside CMS, Loyalty and other platforms for optimal performance.
- Implement any changes or enhancements to any electronic distribution system where PHR and its brands will benefit by increased bookings, revenue and more robust content, and participate in quality assurance of all new releases. Analyze and test for desired results.
- Optimizes IBE performance through regular assessment of conversion results and subsequent modification of IBE function and design.
- Introduces and markets new IBE functions and designs by developing plans in conjunction with Marketing, Creative Services and Regional teams.
- Determines Hotel IBE design pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term IBE special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the completion of a university degree program or related hotel/travel industry experience; knowledge of CRS, CRM, CMS and related systems; revenue and yield management knowledge; and analytical ability with regard to interpreting statistical data. This job requires excellent relationship building skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks, and customer service oriented behavior.
- Knowledge of Web tracking vendors: Adobe, Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Strong understanding of back-end development and integration with front-end design
Working environment is located in one of the most distinct and highly appointed office buildings in Downtown Chicago. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Orientation in Chicago
- Microsoft Office and PHR Outlook Training
- Reservations database training including but not limited to SynXis CR, Microsoft CRM. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.