Customer Service Agent - Chicago, IL
The Customer Service Agent provides personalized reservation and customer service to Preferred Hotels & Resorts top travel agents, iPrefer members, select corporate travel managers, partners and callers of special PHR programs. Programs include, but are not limited to the following: Preferred Platinum and other Luxury Consortia (Virtuoso, FHR, ALTOUR, Signature etc.), iPrefer Guest Benefit Program, Preferred Access, Preferred Residences, Frequent Flyer program, Preferred Golf Program, Preferred General Information Email box, Amadeus River Cruises and any other programs as developed. This position is responsible for call handling, email responses, tracking and follow-up relative to the service.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director, Customer Relations, the Customer Service Agent works with the Revenue Account Management team, the Data Services Department, Travel Industry Sales and the Marketing Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with travel agency reservations as forwarded by Global Travel Industry and Corporate Sales Managers
- Assist clients with reservations and additional services requested as part of a guest stay such as upgrades, amenities, golf tee times, clearance of over sold dates, dinner reservations, etc.
- Handle all inquiries as an opportunity to make a booking by proactively selling to all guests and agents using VIP channels (i.e. phone and email).
- Manage the email box and Loyalty Management System (LMS) for the iPrefer Guest Benefit Program. This includes responding to inquiries, providing website assistance, booking reservations and managing special requests.
- Support project partners and member hotels relative to specific PHG programs as outlined.
- Assist with cruise reservation under PHR - Amadeus Cruises partnership.
- Follow PHR processes for logging all inquiries, tracing for follow-up and resolution.
- Facilitate service requests from the PHR Central Reservation Centers
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and one other European language (Spanish, German, French, Italian) is a plus. Written samples will be requested.
- 2-3 years experience in a customer contact position
- Ability to manage multiple media simultaneously – phone, email, reservation system, web
- Highly organized
- Travel agency or hotel experience is a must
- Sales experience preferred
- University degree or equivalent
Working environment is located in a highly appointed office building in Chicago Downtown close to commuter lines. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Outlook training
- Voice Agent and other booking tools
- CRM training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.