Report Developer - Chicago, IL
The Report Developer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the company’s reports and self-service reporting systems.
Under the general supervision of the Director, IT Development, the Report Developer works closely with the Database Administrator, IT Development, and IT Operations teams, as well as frequently interacts with business owners and report end users in various departments throughout the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and edit queries that read, manipulate, and analyze data from relational databases, data warehouses, and data cubes using the SQL, MDX, and DAX languages
- Write from scratch, edit, and performance tune “canned” reports
- Write and edit automated jobs that import and export data between systems
- Create data models for use by non-technical users in self-service reporting tools
- Create visualizations, charts, tables, and other report part objects for use by non-technical users in self-service reporting tools
- Create, maintain, and monitor report subscription lists and automated report generation and mailing jobs
- Serve as expert on the company’s data, both structure and meaning
- Assist with discovery and documentation of report requests from business owners and end users
- Provide end user support for reporting tool usage and data interpretation
- Act as back up for some Database Administrator tasks (i.e. monitoring servers, automated jobs, and backups)
- 3+ years of experience reading and writing complex SQL, DAX, and MDX queries (we use TSQL and SSAS)
- 3+ years of experience with reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports (we use SSRS)
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization/analysis tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or Cognos (we use Power BI)
Working environment is located in Chicago, Illinois and work takes place in the office. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time.
- Company Orientation
- IT infrastructure
- Education on Preferred Systems such as CRM, Central Reservation System (CRS), Great Plains
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.