Inventory & Customer Service Agent - Chicago, IL
The Inventory & Customer Service Agent handles inventory management and reservation support for marketing nights monetization projects via different channels. A minimum of fifty percent of the role is focused on marketing night optimization across the portfolio and channels. As part of the Preferred VIP Desk, the Inventory & Customer Service Agent is also responsible for personalized reservation and customer service support to Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ top travel agents, iPrefer members, select corporate travel managers, partners and callers of special PHR programs. This position is responsible for call handling, email responses, tracking and follow-up relative to the service. This position is a non-exempt status position.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director, Customer Relations, the Inventory & Customer Service Agent works with the Finance Department, Revenue Account Management team, the Data Services Department, Travel Industry Sales and the Marketing Department. There is frequent interaction with external partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operational lead for Marketing Night Monetization:
- Maintain detail record of inventory usage and availability
- Fulfill implementation and operational requirements for each partner such as prepare and ensure accuracy of marketing night details (i.e. room descriptions, blackout dates), reporting, billing, private portal administration
- Liaise with partners on availability, upgrade requests and booking issues
- Manage internal requests for usage of nights
- Regular reporting on usage, yield and opportunity
- Contribute to identifying new opportunities for usage
- Personalized Reservation and Customer Service Support:
- Assist with Top travel agency reservations and additional services requested as part of a guest stay such as upgrades, amenities, golf tee times, clearance of over sold dates, dinner reservations, etc.
- Customer support for the iPrefer Guest Benefit Program. This includes responding to inquiries, answering emails and managing special requests.
- Support specific PHG programs as outlined (Preferred Golf, Preferred Residences, Preferred Access, etc.).
- Assist with cruise reservation under PHR - Amadeus Cruises partnership.
- Follow PHR processes for logging all inquiries, tracing for follow-up and resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. An additional European language (Spanish, German, French, Italian) is a plus. Written samples will be requested.
- Proficiency in Excel is required. Test will be administered
- 2-3 years experience in a customer contact position
- Ability to manage multiple media simultaneously – phone, email, reservation system, web
- Highly organized
- Travel agency or hotel experience is preferred
- University degree or equivalent
Working environment is located in a highly appointed office building in Chicago Downtown close to commuter lines. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Incumbent is seated most of the time.
- Outlook training
- Voice Agent and other booking tools
- CRM training
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To be considered for this position, please complete the application form.