Manager, Group Sales Projects & Events
The Manager, Group Sales Projects & Events, is responsible for specific group sales projects including assisting events team with recruitment of hotels and clients.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Vice President, Global Group Sales, the Manager, Group Sales Projects & Events works closely with the Events department as well as Group Sales, Accounting, Marketing, Regional Directors and hotel property sales teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in delivery of client events on a global basis.
- Provide sales calls to hotels in order to ensure that hotel participation is equal to or exceeds forecasted revenues.
- Provide sales calls to clients in order to ensure that client participation is equal to or exceed a three to one ratio of hotels for each event.
- Work closely with the events team to promote hotel and client participation at all events.
- Communicate with all unregistered clients to remind them to attend events and to all registered attendees to confirm events and send reminder emails.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with all hotels in the PHR brands through a combination of personal visits and reviews of directories and web sites.
- Assist all aspects of Sales Training Conferences including hotel solicitation, hotel and client participation in additional events.
- Manage and schedule the weekly hotel sales calls.
- Assist with designing and implementing of invitations to events.
- Provide email blasts and consistent professional communication to hotels and clients.
- Handle client surveys, and send out to clients and hotels post events.
- Assist with assigned Group Sales projects.
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the completion of a university degree program in business and/or, hotel management or related hospitality experience; two years of hotel sales, conference services or meeting planning experience; excellent presentation skills; energy and ability to conduct and act on thorough industry and company research; basic knowledge of international travel, geography and cultures; ability to build a resourceful network inside and outside of industry; creativity and skill to convey value to the client and end-user; ability to gain trust and respect in a consultative role. Basic design skills with Adobe Acrobat. Efficient and trained on Microsoft 360, Adobe Acrobat Design, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Excel. Database management experience required.
Working environment is located in Newport Beach, CA and work takes place in the office. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time. Travel 30% of time as appropriate to support the overall expectation of the position.
- Outlook Training
- Training on all systems and procedures including CRM, Outlook and PHGMeetings.com.
- Hotel familiarization training.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.