NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA – July 25, 2018: Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, is pleased to welcome 22 new member hotels, resorts, and residences to its curated collection of more than 700 distinctive properties around the world. From a 35-acre private island luxury resort in the Maldives and a new opening in Paris to the brand’s first-ever hotels in Quebec City (Canada), Apulia (Italy), and Malaga (Spain), each of these new member properties, which joined between April and June 2018, cater to discerning travelers who seek extraordinary service and singular luxury travel experiences.
Highlights of the new additions include:
Hotel 71 (Quebec City, Canada) – Located in a 19th-century stone building in the center of Quebec’s historical Old Port district, Hotel 71 seamlessly blends modern convenience with European-style boutique charm. This neo-classic property, which was once the head office of the National Bank of Canada, offers 60 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites, along with sweeping views of the St. Lawrence River, Cap Diamant and the historic Petit Champlain district. Guests looking for exclusive luxury can book the 7th floor Penthouse Suite, featuring a private rooftop terrace, living area, fireplace, kitchenette, and private home theater. Downstairs in the lobby, visitors can revel in a self-serve grand-cru wine bar that conveniently remains open until 3:00a.m. The hotel also plays host to a fitness center, boutique home goods storefront, and stylish Italian restaurant, Il Matto.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Art enthusiasts will be delighted with the hotel’s permanent art gallery that was created in conjunction with the Vincent et moi program, a charitable organization dedicated to supporting artists with mental health challenges.
Marigot Bay Resort & Marina (Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia) – Situated alongside its namesake bay, one of the most coveted and picturesque spots in Saint Lucia, Marigot Bay Resort & Marina’s 124 guest rooms, including 57 luxurious suites, feature spacious balconies and expansive views. Often referred to as the playground of the rich and famous, the resort invites guests to relax at either of the two infinity pools while they bask in the beauty of the marina’s multi-million dollar mega yachts, which are often accompanied by a familiar face or two. Guests are afforded even more luxury at the award-winning Auriga Spa, which utilizes indigenous ingredients, with signature treatments connected to the phases of the moon. Complimentary daily activities on-property include a cocoa tea-making class, facial scrub-making class, Marigot Bay Ridge Climb, a special coconut experience, garden walk and more, giving guests a glimpse of life as a St. Lucia local.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – For travelers seeking an inside look into the spirit of the Caribbean, an intimate Rum Cave on property houses specialty local rums and rum tasting classes in a space reminiscent of an authentic distillery.
JA Manafaru (Manafaru, Maldives) – Located on a 35-acre private island on the northern Haa Alif atoll of the Maldives, this luxury resort is the epitome of bucket list travel with its unparalleled accommodations ranging from beachfront bungalows to over-water villas with infinity pools. Surrounded by crystal clear blue waters and perfectly white sandy beaches, the resort’s exclusive locale is ideal for outdoor activities such as Maldivian fishing excursions, guided snorkeling safaris, diving expeditions, local cooking classes, sunrise beach yoga and diving sessions. With enough activities to build up an appetite, the resort offers a variety of local and international cuisine across seven restaurants, including ‘The Cellar' – a unique underground stone cave stocked with hand-selected vintage wines.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Guests seeking complete isolation can arrange a visit to nearby Castaway Island, an uninhabited secluded isle owned by the resort, for private picnics and overnight stays in rustic island huts.
The One Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain) – Set in one of Barcelona’s most exclusive neighborhoods just steps from Paseo de Gracia, newly opened The One Barcelona offers an invigorating hospitality experience that exudes comfort, bespoke service, and personality in every space. Conceptualized by award-winning designer Jaime Beriestain, the hotel’s interiors offer a stylish palette of gold, marble, copper, stone and glass. Open seasonally on the impressive top floor terrace, the Mood Rooftop Bar provides a new vantage point for the city and a place to enjoy fresh and dynamic cuisine against the backdrop of a local DJ who plays on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Steps away, hotel guests have exclusive access to the rooftop’s plunge pool and solarium.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Arguably offering some of the best views of the city
skyline, the hotel’s Sagrada Familia Suite presents a private terrace equipped with a
luxurious Jacuzzi, sunbeds, outdoor shower and unobstructed views of the city’s most
prized landmark, the Segrada Familia Roman Catholic church.
9Confidentiel (Paris, France) – Positioned in the trendy Marais district and featuring a design by visionary architect Philippe Starck, the ultra-modern 9Confidentiel is slated to open in October 2018. Part of the 9Hotel Collection group, the boutique property will feature 29 rooms, including three suites with panoramic views of the city, along with a chic lounge and trendy cocktail bar managed by renowned mixologist Nico de Soto, who first grew to distinction through the Experimental Cocktail Clubs in Paris, London and New York. Feasibly one of the city’s most recognized landmarks, hotel guests can take utmost advantage of the hotel’s prime location by walking less than a mile to the legendary Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Teaming up with Parisian custom-made skincare brand Codage, the hotel will offer in-room, à-la-carte beauty and well-being treatments, including manicures and pedicures, and special face and body therapies.
Grand Hotel San Pietro (Taormina, Italy) – Perched on a cliff overlooking the Ionian Sea, the Sicilian hillside town of Taormina is known for its brilliant blue waters, beaches, charming restaurants, and boutique properties. Perhaps one of the most widely sought after hotel experiences in the area, the Grand Hotel San Pietro offers guests 63 beautifully furnished rooms in period Sicilian style with private balconies featuring Mediterranean garden and sea views. Hotel guests will be delighted by the close proximity of the city center. Just 10 minutes away by foot, the town’s main street, Corso Umberto, greets visitors with historic palaces, shops and bars.
- Discover #ThePreferredLife – Home to some of the most delicious cuisine in the world, guests can indulge in an exquisite Italian picnic in The Giardino degli Ulivi overlooking the scenic Isola Bella and Bay of Naxos, where traditional Sicilian cuisine meets international flair.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts in the second quarter of 2018 include:
• Balboa Bay Resort – Newport Beach, California
• Beechwood Hotel – Worchester, Massachusetts
• Real Inn Monterrey – Monterrey, Mexico
• Smyth Hotel – New York, New York
• Edgbaston Hotel & Conference Centre – Birmingham, United Kingdom
• Farris Bad – Larvik, Norway
• Hotel Imperial – Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
• Hotel Vincci Estrella Del Mar – Marbella, Spain
• Hotel Vincci Seleccion Posada del Patio – Malaga, Spain
• Kalidria Hotel & Thalasso SPA – Apulia, Italy
• Summum Prime Boutique Hotel – Palma de Mallorca, Spain
• Vivienda Al Hada Residences – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Yasuragi – Stockholm, Sweden
• Borneo Eagle Resort – Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
• Gokulam Grand Hotel & Spa – Bengaluru, India
• Mosaic Hotels – Mussoorie, India
Whether traveling for business or leisure, travelers can access exclusive Member Rates and earn reward points at many of these properties along with 650 others around the world through the Preferred Hotels & Resorts'I Prefer Hotel Rewards program. Free to join, the program extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to members. Bookings can be made online at PreferredHotels.com or on the I Prefer mobile app, available on Android and iOS.
For more information on these hotels or any of the properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.
# # #